Power window motors... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I drove an FJ62 the other day and both the rear power windows moved like slugs in a slug race where the slugs were past their prime. At one point I had to help the window up by pushing up on the glass. I asked the owner about and he was blown away- said he couldn't figure out why they weren't working right because he really never used them, maybe a dozen times in the 14 years he's owned it. Both the fronts worked great and they get alot of use.

What do you guys think? Are the motors shot or are they just gummed up all the years of never being used?

Anyone ever price out power window motors?

Thanks-
-J

Two things, on my 62, the grease in the window tracks was seriously gummed up with years of dust and grime, so some cleaning and re-greasing with lithium grease cured that. Also, the contacts in the switches, were slightly burnt/corroded and required resurfacing with sandpaper. After these little operations, my windows worked flawlessly. try that before thinking about new motors. This seems to be a common isssue with the 62 power windows and also the common cure.

I was hoping to hear something like that... You're just a welth of information today. THANKS!

do the above and if it doesn't get any better you can pull the motors and clean up and regease the insides, easy job. but they the others 1st.

John H

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom