Power window help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I did a search and didn't find anything. I got some replacement motors from Parks and they require the poles to be reversed to change direction. The old ones use two wires, 1 for up, one for down. the ground is through the door. Do I just need to take these back or am I missing something?

So if my drivers switch panel is bad(only the drivers side switches are there) The door switches wont work, is that what the thread says?

So if my drivers switch panel is bad(only the drivers side switches are there) The door switches wont work, is that what the thread says?

The ground path from each of the non-drivers doors goes back through the drivers door switch and through the windows lock switch before finally going to the drivers side A-pillar ground. So, if a switch is missing (as in fell out and the switch contacts are gone) the corresponding window will not work unless you re-engineer the circuit. The good news is that the switch panel is still available new if you have $300 laying around, or somewhat less than that if you get one used. If you also do the relay mod, your window motors will work great. You might have to replace the window channel weather stripping also, but in my case, after the relays, new window channels and fresh lube, my windows work like new. 4 seconds down, 5 seconds up.

Last edited:
Is it just me or was this a very poor design? MIke

All my switches work except for driver side ,pretty sure that relay has gone out,3oo from Toy! Figureing something else out. Mike

The FSM schematic does not show what is in the green relay box inside the drivers door, and since mine still works, I haven't had the desire to pull it apart and see what makes it tick. If you want to send me a bad one, I'll take a look see inside. If I can figure out how it works, we might be able to fix these a lot cheaper than $300.

I got them working thanks to your earlier thread. The tracer wires going to the switch are the grounding wires. 2 scotch blocks and a wire to ground and they all work at the doors. The nice thing is, when I get the master switch, all I have to do is install it w/out changing (taking the door panel off)the doors again.
(I hope). Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom