Power Steering Info.? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All,

I am getting ready to start a Saginaw power steering conversion on my 76 FJ40. I still have the stock 2F motor. I have the pump and box and can find the everything else except a mounting bracket for the power steering pump. BTB carries one, but it requires the original smog pump bracket. Smog pump and bracket have long been thrown away. Does anyone know of another manufacturer that provides a pump bracket that doesn't require smog pump assembly?
Thanks ???

I have now. Thanks. &nbsp:Didn't see it when looking earlier..

Wdorry@yahoo.com
I bought his ps pump mount and it is nice, $85+shipping.
It uses the waterpump bolts(he supplies all hardware) is adjustable and is very high quality. He's a machinist and a very nice person to do business with. JMHO
Ed Long

Does this bracket fit the V8 style pump? It sounds like the mounting holes vary between the V6 and the V8 style pump housings.

76cruzr,

http://ccor.topcities.com

I have a pretty good pic of Bill Dorry's Bracket on my website. Just click on the link above, goto "Matt's Cruiser" on the side bar, it is the 3rd pic from the bottom (if you have a dial up connection it may take a while, sorry). You can click on the pic to enlarge it.

I just got it last week, probably only $2 bucks worth of steel, but he had to do some nice machining. I think it was worth $85 bucks. And no, you don't have to use the smog pump bracket.

I am familiar with 2 different saginaw pumps with different stud locations. When you look at the rear of the pump (not the pulley side) holding it upright, some have a stud or boss in the upper left hand corner, some have a stud or boss in the lower right hand corner, some have both. You want the pump with the stud or boss in the lower right hand corner, or the one with both.

Hope this helps, Matt

Hi,
All the Saginaw pumps have all the holes.The threaded holes are under the outside case. You can take the pump out and drill the hole in the case. You will need an O-ring to keep it from leaking,same as on the other holes.
The best way to mark where to drill is to screw a set screw in the threaded hole in the pump backwards and let it stick up about 1/8". install the pump in the case and tap it (with a hammer) above the spot where the set screw is. That should leave a mark where to drill.
Yes, I sell the brackets for the mini truck gearbox and the Saginaw pump. Bill wdorry@yahoo.com
You can see them at the link below:

http://photos.yahoo.com/wdorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom