power steering fluid (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 15' has finally turned 25,000 miles. I checked the power steering fluid the other day and it's almost chalky... kind of grey. I want to start the replacement process but just was curious if anyone else has noticed that on their truck? I do think, compared to my 80 series, the steering on the 200 is really heavy. But, it tracks and drives straight as an arrow.

Just wondering what everyone's else's experiences are with their power steering systems and fluid.

My fluid was jet black.
Flushed with Redline ATF.
The manual calls for WS ATF and/or Dextron II, III which Redline is.
Tony,
Did you notice any change in steering effort with the fresh fluid?

Doing my 15 at 30k service along with differentials and transfer case. Power steering fluid looks fine at 25,000 miles. I would take it by the dealer and have them check it out since it’s under warranty and make sure they notated so If you have a problem after it’s out of warranty you might have some recourse

I really despise my local dealer. I don't want to take the truck to them at all... they are guilty of saying the rotated my tires on a service when they didn't, said they checked my brakes when they didn't and broke my oil filter cap and replaced it with an Oreily product instead of OEM. I only found out because i asked why it took 2 hours to change my oil.

I bet that if i took it to them to show them the fluid they would want to charge me to do a flush and say that's normal.

I really despise my local dealer. I don't want to take the truck to them at all... they are guilty of saying the rotated my tires on a service when they didn't, said they checked my brakes when they didn't and broke my oil filter cap and replaced it with an Oreily product instead of OEM. I only found out because i asked why it took 2 hours to change my oil.

I bet that if i took it to them to show them the fluid they would want to charge me to do a flush and say that's normal.

Sorry about that, what city?

High Point, NC.

When i got home from work yesterday it was a little dark outside, so this morning i'll get a paper towel and put a sample on it so you all can see the color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom