Power seat/windows/locks not working. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, something strange happened today. I was driving home from work this morning and noticed my windows didn’t work. Then I discovered my power seat, sunroof and power locks didn’t work either. I know how to fix some things on this 100, but I’m kind of stumped when it comes to electrical. Where would the fuses be located for those mentioned items? I pulled the left kick panel and didn’t see the fuses for the power seat.

B48DBE52-5CDE-4419-9854-EA6395309F44.jpeg

Yes, I looked in the faq. I didn’t see a topic about loss of power at the power seat, etc. I’ll need to look into it tomorrow when I’m off and report back.

You asked where the fuses would be located, there are diagrams in the FAQ and in your owner's manual.
Given those are all separate fuses, sounds like you've got something else going on.

1679352097016.png

After searching through the archives, I found that the ECU-B2 powers the seat, window and moonroof. The fuse is like blown or damaged. I’ll confirm tomorrow. Thinking back, I had this strange smell in the cabin a few months back. I’m wondering if a wire had melted or burned.

05E93178-8A90-40B5-A2F5-DC14A1E8D927.jpeg

Its the big 40 amp fuse.
Same thing happened to me but while driving.
2 hours into a trip I wanted to adjust the lumbar support but didn't work and suddenly something started to smell like burnt wire, immediately pulled over and grabbed the fire extinguisher. I couldn't see any fire, smoke or burnt wires so started driving again almost hugging the fire extinguisher.
Anyhow, pulled over again at a gas station to check things over with better lighting and my windows didn't work, locks didn't work, seat adjustment didn't work, key fob didn't do anything. Pulled some diagrams from here and found that the 40 amp fuse puts power to the small fusebox. The big fuse was blown so since then I just disconnected my lumbar support motor and went to my local pick and pull to get like 50 random Toyota fuses and relays that you cant find in a gas station or Napa.

Agreed, I've blown my 40A few a few times, something is shorted in my lumbar adjustment. Every time I hit that button, the fuse blows, and seat/window controls stop working.

Its the big 40 amp fuse.
2 hours into a trip I wanted to adjust the lumbar support but didn't work and suddenly something started to smell like burnt wire, immediately pulled over and grabbed the fire extinguisher. I couldn't see any fire, smoke or burnt wires so started driving again almost hugging the fire extinguisher.
Anyhow, pulled over again at a gas station to check things over with better lighting and my windows didn't work, locks didn't work, seat adjustment didn't work, key fob didn't do anything. Pulled some diagrams from here and found that the 40 amp fuse puts power to the small fusebox. The big fuse was blown so since then I just disconnected my lumbar support motor and went to my local pick and pull to get like 50 random Toyota fuses and relays that you cant find in a gas station or Napa.
I think you’re on to something. Now I’m curious of what part is creating the short.

I haven’t had time to look into the problem. Luckily I have a 2nd car to get me around for now.

Its the big 40 amp fuse.
Is this the fuse box on the left or right side of the footwell?

I finally have a few minutes to look into this. Is there supposed to be a fuse panel on the passenger footwell? Maybe I’m not seeing this correctly.

8DE46AE0-0611-4A7B-837F-0FEDF8EA9E47.jpeg

264328DA-AF05-4C3D-AF5A-8BDD0AEF1501.png

Got it. It’s the 40 amp fuse. I did press the lumbar button before the fuse blew. I’ll test the circuit and see what’s going on.

Good luck! I now use a lumbar pillow, and tell my wife "don't touch that button", rather than tracking down the issue.

Eventually I planned on pulling the seat out and looking for a frayed wire, haven't gotten around to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom