powdercoat emblems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2fpower

SILVER Star
Threads
On my 68' I have the front TOYOTA and side landcruiser emblems that are kind of a smoke chrome color now. I am thinking about powdercoating them in that same color. Anyone ever tried this before?

I have seen painted ones, and chromed ones...

Thanks,

Rattle can flat black, once sanded and primed. They'll last for years and still look decent.

If they are made of plastic you might not want to Powder coat them. Might have a melt down. LMAO.

Not plastic..... remember made back in 68'.

I agree, they are pot metal, so I did not know how they would turn out. They have strange things on them now, look like bug hits that are some sort of metal reaction. Hard to describe, so I was going to blast with glass, and either paint, or powdercoat.

New ones look great...Should still be able to get them from CDan,

:meh:

Good point....... I will check that out. From looking at the book, it appears that they changed in 69' so I will have to dig for a 68' part number.....

I never used these. I took a liner brush/pin striper to paint the black. The silver does not do well with lacquer. :doh:
IMG_5075.jpg
IMG_5073.jpg

Sweet lookin'

Still looking for a part number for the T O Y O T A emblem up front.........

I looked at SOR, and it does appear to be the same.

Thanks for the numbers. This should be on the Ultimate OEM still available thread.

Looks like it is available..... 25 bucks with discount.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Are the new OEM grill emblem's still made out of pot metal or has Toyota switched to plastic? I replaced my OEM side emblems and they are still made out of metal. I was thinking about replacing the grill emblem but didn't want plastic.

I picked one up last year and it is still metal .
it was also cheaper than the plastic one .:grinpimp:

Are the new OEM grill emblem's still made out of pot metal or has Toyota switched to plastic? I replaced my OEM side emblems and they are still made out of metal. I was thinking about replacing the grill emblem but didn't want plastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom