Potential purchase (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I am a long-standing FJ62 owner and have the opportunity to purchase this FJ55. I believe it is a ‘72 with a later 2F engine. I was hoping to get some quick opinions on the rust factor on this pig and possible value. Thanks so much.

64AF0AE0-DFFE-4F5C-8F3E-F1A9286D241A.jpeg

3E3D6E44-FE3D-48E4-A4EF-D13CA9C6FDDC.jpeg

319A024A-F800-4492-9A89-DF33ED328C4B.jpeg

391FF099-8449-4E2B-A605-CA454FE7D912.jpeg

915AEF01-08E4-4E22-8A34-AE5FCF1E42B5.jpeg

Looks like an original paint truck. Looks relatively clean. Has some straightening to sort out on some mechanicals I’m sure like all do. Instead of asking a value maybe post the price because what the audience values it at and what the seller is asking could be different.

What-is-Your-Green-Poop-Telling-You-Photos-and-Info-by-Mama-Natural-Social.jpeg

It looks pretty "solid" overall. I'm sure the suspension is a little "squishy". Lots of little projects but you should be able to "squeeze them out". Probably a little "smelly" like most 55's. Ok I'll stop being an @ss and giving you s***e about it being poo green.:rofl::p

Other than being the worst color, it's looks pretty good overall. If the price were right, I'd jump all over it.

Not a bad looking Pig. lots of mods, too many to list. typical rust spots, not too bad. check front floor pans and body mounts. that is a 2F, weber (?) carb. does it have A\C? How about heat and defrost? (stock heater blower is gone) What transmission? parking brake work? discs or drums? stock steering? rear window work?
I like the color

Appreciate the input everyone. I understand it’s hard to value, but I have agreed to keep the asking price confidential, so need to honor that. Thanks to your input I now have some additional questions that I need to ask. I’ll keep you posted. Appreciate it!!

I do like the snorkel. Also, it’s the best color!

$ 14,000 ???? If soild and good running gear ???? $8,000 to $ 10,000 fair price ?? My 2 cents !
I might be Low on price ?

Looks like a solid pig to start out with. If you think that interior rough. You would cry what I started with. Lol get it

I’m told it comes with a ton of extra parts, manuals, documentation of what’s been done to it. I’m hoping some of the stock parts were saved, but I haven’t seen that stuff yet. Maybe today. Yes, I am in WY. You?

Pretty good one, though I don't care for some of the mods. Don't really know about value. My guess is that if it's a decent runner and under $10K then you've got a deal. I'd go for it.

it looks almost rust free for a pig. I'd say the two most important things are price and are you willing to work on it yourself.

I’m told it comes with a ton of extra parts, manuals, documentation of what’s been done to it. I’m hoping some of the stock parts were saved, but I haven’t seen that stuff yet. Maybe today. Yes, I am in WY. You?
Northern CO, Front Range. Always looking for cool places to go in the 307!

Norther CO is so nice. Plenty of great places here in Western WY for sure.

Thanks, all for the input. Have some more research to do, and then make a decision. I am definitely willing to work on it myself. My 62 is my DD, so I’ll have time to mess around with fixing things without much time pressure. Unfortunately, it’s not under 10, but decent ones aren’t getting any cheaper, and that almighty dollar isn’t going quite as far as it used to…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom