posting jpg without using attachment procedure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Woody;

Is there a way for me to put attachment jpg's on the server; upload [not more than 10-12] without going thru the thread/attachment procedure? I'd like to post some jpg's on my FJ40 ignition module upgrade, but without reference to a specific thread.

tnx

dfmorse

Woody;

Actually, its close to a tech article. I just needed to put a bunch of relevant jpg's in storage so that I can refer to them as each case comes up in a thread. A lot of guys keep doing distributor and computer mods on the FJ40, especially 1975 and later years.

I guess I could use a test thread of my own and dump some jpg's that way; or, just built a section in my web site and link to that - if there is no easy way to upload said jpg's.

An example of this is:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=69117

And this gentleman doesn't really know what he has; so I thought I'd try to help with a pic of what of what I have done. I use the CAD/CAM program CANVAS to do drawings and pics {jpg} and can then upload them to the MUD server, if I can figure out how.

I'll probably just to something like this:

http://homepage.mac.com/dfmorse/BattProj2/index.html

and hope it will help the person involved.

Tnx for ur help

dfmorse said:
Woody;

Is there a way for me to put attachment jpg's on the server; upload [not more than 10-12] without going thru the thread/attachment procedure? I'd like to post some jpg's on my FJ40 ignition module upgrade, but without reference to a specific thread.

tnx

dfmorse

You have your own website, why not just put the pics there (in a subdirectory if you want) and then post a link. That's how I do all my Cheeleader (er I mean tech article ;) ) pics....

Then you don't take up precious space on Woody's server, it's a piece of cake (I find it easier than using the attachment procedure).

msahr said:
You have your own website, why not just put the pics there (in a subdirectory if you want) and then post a link. That's how I do all my Cheeleader (er I mean tech article ;) ) pics....

Then you don't take up precious space on Woody's server, it's a piece of cake (I find it easier than using the attachment procedure).

I think I'm trying to do this but not sure. I was thinking I could link pics from my site and have them viewable in the forum - ie wouldn't have to resize and wouldn't be stored on the mud server. This is possible right?

I've been trying to do it by going in to "manage attachents" and then choosing "upload file from an url" but it keeps coming back with an "invalid url" error. When I check the url by pasting it in the IE address bar the pic pops right up.

Here's an example url

http://landcruiser.smugmug.com/photos/57824474-L.jpg

Any clues?

just post a link to the image... it's the little "picture" icon on the reply page (mountains and sun... yellow and brown?)

like this:

logo-white.gif

msahr said:
just post a link to the image... it's the little "picture" icon on the reply page (mountains and sun... yellow and brown?)

You da man.

:beer:

Jason

No problem, HTH.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom