post 2003 nav delete how to. (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: I noticed that everyone gets the blank button for the right side of the steering wheel. Does that mean that there is no 'push to talk' functionality available with the button integration options (like the Axxess AWSC-1). Would be nice to have push to talk for Siri

Just an FYI for the Heater Housing (60150) that is out of inventory everywhere. I found that the Lexus version ( 55912-60140 ) looks almost exactly the same (it has one additional tab on the bottom) and LexusPartsNow says they are available. I ordered one in the hope that it will at least be serviceable for minor customization.

55912-60140 at LexusPartsNow.com

LEXUS PART
resource

TOYOTA PART
resource

NOTE- I actually spoke with a rep through chat to verify that they were actually available because ToyotaPartsDeal says that 60150 is in-stock but when you order they send an email telling you that they are no longer available... If this turns out to be a false alarm and they cancel the order I'll let you know

Does anyone have confirmation that this Lexus part 55912-60140 is a workable replacement for the Toyota part 55912-60150? I've struck out locating the Toyota version on every source I've tried. Unfortunately, I have about $2K in other parts (including stereo stuff) I already ordered, most received, before I was notified it wasn't in stock. In fact the supplier (toyotapartsdeal.com) never bothered to tell me they cancelled the order. I only found out after the part didn't show up and I called.

The other difficult part - 888650-60B80 - I luckily ordered about 8 months ago when I first started planning for this mod.

If anyone has an extra 55912-60150, PM me and I'll buy it from you. I think it's the lone hold out preventing me from starting. Meanwhile the search for a source continues.

60140 looks like it would work. No one that I know of has tried that alternate yet.
looks like the cygnus version and if that is the case it should be fine.
the other part # is compatible across multiple circuit board sizes for that thin lower board. I think you'd be fine ordering that if it easily had

I have found that Lexus has a part number 88650-60B80 that is listed as an AC Amp. Has anyone tried it yet? Seems like if it has the exact same number and description it may be an exact fit...

A part number is a part number. That part number fits certain model years.

I have a 2006 LC and- I am pretty sure based on info from Dace Voit- I need Toyota 88650-60B80... The risk is that most places will not accept the return of 'electronic components'... Same part number seems like it should be identical. For instance, the heater housing part had a different number because it does appear to be very slightly different (an extra tab on the bottom, maybe some slightly different edges) but this Lexus part has exactly the same number... Just feeling a bit desperate since this part (and the JerryB harness ;)) are the only final obstacles to getting it done. Feels risky but I already have $2500 in the project lol

If you have a 1/2006 or later production date then the 60b80 should be the correct part. Mine is a 3/2006 production.

that's the correct ac amp for your car stickly. The extra tab thing on the black heater control box is fine for both lc and lx, and vice versa.
Likewise the one without the tab.
And it looks like the alternate one from above is good for both also, 55912-60140 .

If anyone accidentally gets the wrong ac amp they have been able to sell it to someone else on here no problem. There are plenty of people that are looking at this and don't post here that are going down this road so the pool is bigger than this thread appears.
*I promise I will make 8 sets of harnesses and send them out before halloween*
Brace yourself about the cost, this isn't a metra adapter. If you're good with splicing the hardwire option is always there. This same thing happened last year when I was gone for 100 days. It just looks like the list is bigger.

I just received the heater housing and was thinking that if anyone had any skill or ability at 3D printing we could work together at making a copy. If anyone has the center console insert we could try that as well.

Just received the Lexus amplifier (88650-60B80) and as far as I can tell it actually is the exact same as the Toyota part. It is even branded Toyota rather than Lexus. If you are looking for one I ordered from Lexus of Pembroke Pines in Florida. Was $50 cheaper than anywhere else.
FF893619-0556-4A27-B161-2C83209DB51B.jpeg

You're already splicing and dicing. 5 more wires won't matter. It's supposed to be an easy set up. Wiring it was. For some reason mine is having issues.

I don't know why I'm having the issues that I am with the unit. I have tried various things to no avail. I will call them up to see about them helping me to get this sorted when the weather gets better here. Winter has decided to return for a while...

So I finally got my ASWC 1 working well enough. I've been busy so it's been months since I could mess with it. It's a pretty glitchy system in my truck but at least the volume and track skip buttons all work consistently. I might try to go in again and remap the buttons for more functionality but now that the key buttons work, it's low priority. The key to it working for me was two things: most importantly wire to wire connections for the control wires(black-green and black-red) and a good ground away from the head unit area. NO BUTT SPLICE connectors on these connections! The system works on resistance. I used butt splice connectors. Not good. The techs recommend as short a ground as possible. I went to the glove box area and that works well. The metal around the stereo area isn't consistent enough. I think I read that somewhere on here also.

If anyone is having issues, call tech support. They are very helpful but it did take 3 calls to finally get me to where it works consistently.

HTH.

Just curious, has anyone found a source lately for 84014-60350? Looks like I can't use 84014-60190 on my '06. Tried Amayama, Partsouq, and Megazip as well as domestic sources and not getting any luck.

If that is the heater housing I am having the same problem. I have everything else except the Jerry harness.

Just the opposite...I only have the Jerry harness, and just started sourcing parts.

Question: I noticed that everyone gets the blank button for the right side of the steering wheel. Does that mean that there is no 'push to talk' functionality available with the button integration options (like the Axxess AWSC-1). Would be nice to have push to talk for Siri
I have the Alpine iLX-F309 and used the iDatalink Maestro ADS-MSW adapter. I have the functionality for google assistant on Android Auto and Siri on Carplay. It is great, and easy to program.
Maestro ADS-MSW Universal Analog Steering Wheel Interface Amazon product ASIN B00J4W10XG

Last edited:
What are dealers parts guys saying about the 84014 60350? none in the USA? but not discontinued?

one other person said his buttons on the steering wheel on the right hand side work with the axxess. I never tried them. I incorrectly assumed from the beginning that the ones on that side of the wheel wouldn't work.

HARNESSES. I will have six sets ready this saturday. I think 3 are spoken for. Message me for info.

one other person said his buttons on the steering wheel on the right hand side work with the axxess. I never tried them. I incorrectly assumed from the beginning that the ones on that side of the wheel wouldn't work.

One of the buttons on the right does work on my set up. It's the push to talk button that operates as ATT or mute. I tried to program the buttons per the instructions but perhaps the phone buttons won't work. IDK on that one. I've left it alone for now since my set up has been so finicky with it. The 4 on the left are the only buttons that really mean anything to me anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom