post 2003 nav delete how to. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No new requests from today on. 5.1.22 0800. Anyone that has requested a harness set in the last 5 months please post or send another private message. My inbox is a mess.

If you need to give me pics of the back of your climate control to verify 3 or 4 connectors, do it in the next couple days please.
The price is $220 shipping is included in the USA

You must also order the 82998-12640 repair wire yourself. I was going to include that but that order also failed @ Serra.
Jerry how difficult is this install with your harness set? Theres 40+ pages of thread here and that makes this pretty daunting at this point lol…

the m8 male to m9 new upper screen. One extra red wire for theft ecu that you rare 4 connector screen guys have to splice in from the small m5.
thank you oilhammer for your diagram.
corsa has these male m8 connectors.

m8 to m9.jpg

m8 tom9)2).jpg

Jerry how difficult is this install with your harness set? Theres 40+ pages of thread here and that makes this pretty daunting at this point lol.
Having the harness made the install WAY easier as things are much less involved. This is still a pretty big job in what has to come out and fit back in but not hard and worth it more than you can imagine.

Having the harness made the install WAY easier as things are much less involved. This is still a pretty big job in what has to come out and fit back in but not hard and worth it more than you can imagine.

The only comment I'd add is it can be made much easier, but most of us choose not to. There really are two components:

The first is getting rid of the nav system and establishing new, independent HVAC controls as if the car were non-nav from the factory. This is what makes this project appear so difficult, yet mostly due to all the research Jerry and others put into perfecting this and the harness you can get from Jerry, this part is actually pretty easy. Sourcing the parts is tough, but the actual work is honestly not very difficult.

The second part is installing a new stereo. Ironically this part doesn't seem to scare many people off, yet this is where an overwhelming part of the man hours will fall. You can simplify this part by paring down your requirements... don't install a new backup camera, use the factory amp rather than an aftermarket amp, don't replace all the door speakers, etc.

You can also buy your way out of the problem if it's worth it to you. If you take on the "nav delete" portion and stop there, you'd have a fully functioning car with all HVAC controls etc, but no stereo. From that point forward, you could pay any stereo installer to do the grunt work for you. Trust me there are WAY more man hours involved in doing the stereo install of what most of us on this thread have decided is a "normal" system than there is in the actual nav delete part of the project. This obviously increases the cost, but some people would much rather pay $1000 in labor (I just made up that number ... I have no idea if it would cost that much) and get a modern feeling LC with great sound than continue driving around with a tape deck and nav system with maps from 2003.

A small improvement you can make in the project is choosing a low profile head unit. I know the Alpine ilx-650 and -407 are only about 1-2" deep and make it much easier to fit all the wiring and harness behind them. There probably are other brands / models as well, so I mention those only because I'm familiar with them.

So much info here! Thanks to all who've done the slog over the years. Now I just need a volunteer to do this on my 2005 hundy 😅😅 coz all this electrickery stuff goes in one ear and out the other..

It doesn't appear to be that difficult. A module that plugs into the OBD plug and transmits data via bluetooth to the head unit. Check out @kpecks post here. Also OBDLink® MX+ - Outstanding Bluetooth-Compatible OBD II Scan Tool - https://www.obdlink.com/products/obdlink-mxp/ That being said, most of the info up there I could live without if I had to.

I'm considering the blank/dummy switch on the HVAC panel to drill for the security light.

No idea on which head unit yet. I'm a real idiot when it comes to this audio stuff but I'm learning. All I know is when I type "10.1 inch car stereo car play" into google I get options.

I posed the same question on FB the other day, I didn't get a lot of valuable information (no surprise) but an Australian member did post a picture of his 100 using the same facia. Unfortunately his doesn't feature car play and was installed by a shop down under so he wasn't able to give installation details.
View attachment 2661940

Admittedly I had no idea what I was doing when I bought the facia on eBay. Fast forward to last week, I combed through the internet and found this ridiculously cheap head unit so I figured what the hell, ordered it up. Luckily a close friend of mine is a magician with this kind of stuff (and a cruiser guy), he was able to figure out the install. We ditched the upper display and so far I see no issues with removing it. The only thing I haven’t sorted out yet is the steering wheel controls.
235F51C0-C6CE-426C-86F6-74187265288D.jpeg

7C15A57A-F07C-40A2-ABE1-2E0080D6EBBA.jpeg

Question for the thread, has anyone had experience working around the lack of availability of 84014-60350 BOARD SUB-ASSY, PRINTED WIRE INTEGRATION.
I have a 2006 LC (manuf 06/06). I see that some folks have made the 84014-60190 work in its place.
Any issues or lack of functionality?

Screenshot_20221015-150937_Gallery.jpg

Hi, I'm in need of another amplifier board. While researching parts numbers I came across this thread. I'm not replacing the radio but even if I did from what I gather this nav type isn't integrated with the A/C so it would be just a standard radio installation?
Anyway this vehicle (2003 HDJ100 Sahara) has been drowned and some electronics that need replacing. The board that was in it is 88650-60830. I'm having trouble sourcing another one. I have tried one out of a petrol (88650-60820) and the ac compressor wouldn't engage so I expect that I need one out of a diesel. From the posts it seems people have an idea what boards are interchangable. What other part numbers can I use or I need just that one?

here's the later toyota board, compared with an early lexus board without the airbag light provision. The easiest give away is that without the airbag light the connector on the passenger side has three wires, the later version has five wires.
The main board will fit in either lexus or toyota housing. The main board outputs the airbag indicator. The smaller board is the lower buttons and is physically interchangeable between the main boards from both brands. Button arrangement is different and the toyota board is smaller and will not fit in the lexus housing. The wire connector on both boards is the same, same with the AC amp red bundle.

Hi - I have an 07 LX470 and it's been months since the 84014-60350 part has been available anywhere.
I'm not really clear from the above whether that's a "nice to have" or whether the 84014-60190 can be used in its place and what the impact of that would be. It sounds like perhaps the only problem would be with the passenger airbag light. I'm happy to give up that light if I can delete the nav.

Hi - I have an 07 LX470 and it's been months since the 84014-60350 part has been available anywhere.
I'm not really clear from the above whether that's a "nice to have" or whether the 84014-60190 can be used in its place and what the impact of that would be. It sounds like perhaps the only problem would be with the passenger airbag light. I'm happy to give up that light if I can delete the nav.
KInd of related to your question: I started following this thread in 2019 or so, but I sold the 100 I had before I started the conversion. Now, I have another one, and the question I have is: are there still all the parts needed for this conversion or will it be a matter of finding used parts, etc.?

people are still buying parts. The last person I know who received a new 60350 got it early this year or late 2021 I think.
At a southern dealer. Overall it's the AC amp that's the hard part. I'd think of it as a hobby with and end goal.

Yes, there's a way to use the 60190 and the stock board that came in the 2007s together.
read here,

also read posts around #580

Yes as jerry mentioned you should be able to use the 60190 and use your old lower integration board to do the ac vent switches and airbag indicators only. Fitting that all together may prove difficult but it is definitely possible

excuse me, how did you delete the button panel on the right side of the steering wheel?

brilliant man
I don’t remember the specifics, but the blank panel for the right buttons is available from Toyota. I bought all the parts but the still sit on the floor of my office. I need an electronics person for installation.

I believe the steering wheel blank pad is 8425858010C0 or 8425858010B0. I bought one but ended up getting the voice button to trigger Siri with CarPlay — well kinda.

For some reason my steering wheel buttons only work about 50% of the time and I can't figure out why. I have them connected straight into my Sony head unit using a little 3.5mm adapter (no SWC adapter). Volume down always works, but the other buttons often don't function unless I reprogram them. Has anyone had similar issues? I've already checked the wiring and redid it, but I'm still having issues. Maybe a bad ground somewhere on the steering wheel?

The sw wires in the original radio plug- one has to be grounded at the site, along with the black (I think) wire at the Axxess.
OEM voice button will work on the wheel for some. That must include the OEM microphone and OEM wiring of the same.

I went the new microphone and OK Google trigger and steering wheel blank.

Current stereos newer than 5 years ago might be more complicated and or the Axxess unit might be updated to make the comments about axxess install more complicated/different.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom