Positive camber with OME lift kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have OME 2” lift on my 2013 LC, there is a positive camber. I am wondering what do I need in order to fix it.

Bought the kit from Toyotec

OME-200K kit

1. Front shocks - OME-91005-P
2. Front coils - OME-2702
3. Rear shocks - OME-61029-P
4. Rear coils - OME-2723

Did you have it aligned after installing? The 200 suspension can only adjust using the two cammed bolts where the lower control arms mount. Do those bolts move freely? (sometimes they get corroded in place). Other than that, aftermarket adjustable upper control arms might be able to give you the movement you need.

Did you have it aligned after installing? The 200 suspension can only adjust using the two cammed bolts where the lower control arms mount. Do those bolts move freely? (sometimes they get corroded in place). Other than that, aftermarket adjustable upper control arms might be able to give you the movement you need.

The canned bolts are not moving freely. It was aligned right after the kit was installed but when I recently went to get the alignment done the bolts on LCA were jammed.

The tech who was doing alignment told me to confirm if aftermarket UCA were mandatory before they charge me for freeing the bolts and attempt alignment.

His reasoning was if OEM UCA does not help then better off to get new UCA done before alignment.

You NEED those lower bolts to move - the aftermarket UCA doesn't replace this, it only compliments it.

The tech's logic is sound from a labor standpoint... It is hard to say if you need UCAs, usually under 2" of lift or so is fine without. But every vehicle varies.

What are your alignments specs ? If you have the printout it would be helpful to see what your numbers are. Are you running Upper Control Arms? I believe UCA only impact caster but I could be wrong. I have a 2” lift and aftermarket UCAs and I have slightly negative camber.

Depending upon how bad they are, you might even replace the adjusting cams and bolts and make sure they are lubed/antiseized. This can make it easier to deal with in the future!

What are your alignments specs ? If you have the printout it would be helpful to see what your numbers are. Are you running Upper Control Arms? I believe UCA only impact caster but I could be wrong. I have a 2” lift and aftermarket UCAs and I have slightly negative camber.
I have the measurements, let me find it. Running OEM UCA at the moment.

Toyotec told that new UCAs were not mandatory and the OME UCA is back ordered.

Before I go new UCA route I wanted to have an understanding of what is needed.

Depending upon how bad they are, you might even replace the adjusting cams and bolts and make sure they are lubed/antiseized. This can make it easier to deal with in the future!
Thank you. Will do. They are corroded for sure.

I have the measurements, let me find it. Running OEM UCA at the moment.

Toyotec told that new UCAs were not mandatory and the OME UCA is back ordered.

Before I go new UCA route I wanted to have an understanding of what is needed.
Toytec is likely right - your factory adjustment cams should work fine on your amount of lift. Aftermarket UCAs install the same as stock ones. Some have fixed geometry that adjusts (OME, Dobinsons) but some have more adjustability at the ball joint end.

Toytec is likely right - your factory adjustment cams should work fine on your amount of lift. Aftermarket UCAs install the same as stock ones. Some have fixed geometry that adjusts (OME, Dobinsons) but some have more adjustability at the ball joint end.
Do you happen to have part number for the Adjust bolt and adjust cam?

I could only find the left side adjust bolt and adjust cam.

Adjust bolt - 48409-0C020
Adjust cam - 48452-0C020

TIA :)

SPC also makes a nice adjustment bolt / cam (pricey for a couple bolts but also an option): Part number 25450.

Make sure the tie rod ends are not frozen as well. Isn't that another point of adjustment on 200 series alignments??

Sorry, I don't know offhand. I suspect they are the same left and right. As I recall, the font and rear bolt/cams are different though (I seem the recall that one has the cam on the bolt end, the other on the nut end). Any good parts department can tell you. Olathe Parts has always been knowledgable.

SPC also makes a nice adjustment bolt / cam (pricey for a couple bolts but also an option): Part number 25450.

Make sure the tie rod ends are not frozen as well. Isn't that another point of adjustment on 200 series alignments??
Good call. I always think about the tie rod adjustment impacting toe (in/out), but you're right, every adjustment tweaks the overall alignment adjustments.

Seems like the tie rods are okay.

thanks on the SPC bolts. I will check them out.

Sorry, I don't know offhand. I suspect they are the same left and right. As I recall, the font and rear bolt/cams are different though (I seem the recall that one has the cam on the bolt end, the other on the nut end). Any good parts department can tell you. Olathe Parts has always been knowledgable.

you are right front and rear are different but I can find different part numbers for left and right.

I will call parts dept and see if they can help.

If your cam bolts are seized and cannot be freed, they will need to be cut out. You will either need new lower control arms or at minimum bushings if you can't get the sleeves out. UCAs are always recommend for any lift height to get caster and camber numbers in check after lifting the vehicle. This will not solve your immediate issue, but will help you get better alignment numbers to protect your tires from premature wear and also improve driving characteristics.

If your cam bolts are seized and cannot be freed, they will need to be cut out. You will either need new lower control arms or at minimum bushings if you can't get the sleeves out. UCAs are always recommend for any lift height to get caster and camber numbers in check after lifting the vehicle. This will not solve your immediate issue, but will help you get better alignment numbers to protect your tires from premature wear and also improve driving characteristics.
Thank you. I hope I can free them. Premature wear is a big concern as I am planning to put new tires on, don’t want them to go bad mainly having the outer tires wear out

What it the ideal camber specs for our land cruisers ? I know folks like to keep caster on the higher end of the spectrum.

I am happy with my alignment which is just above 3 degrees of caster but I I haven’t paid much attention to the camber. If I remember correctly I am somewhere between -0.1 to -0.4 degrees of camber.

What it the ideal camber specs for our land cruisers ? I know folks like to keep caster on the higher end of the spectrum.

I am happy with my alignment which is just above 3 degrees of caster but I I haven’t paid much attention to the camber. If I remember correctly I am somewhere between -0.1 to -0.4 degrees of camber.

with the stock suspension both at Lexus and Toyota dealerships they aligned the wheels to have a slightly positive caster and slightly negative camber.

experts here can recommend if that’s ideal for lifted truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom