portioning valve

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Guest, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I VE GOT A MASTER CYLINDER FROM A LATER 60 ,AM INSTALLING FRONT SHAFTS / BRAKES FROM AN 84 TOY, DISC COVERSION IN THE REAR, INTO A 77FJ40 ,MASTER HAS PORTION VALVE ON IT , DO I NEED TO ADD ANOTHER VALVE TO REAR BECUASE OF DISCS IN REAR ARE CHEVY ? ANY INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APRICIATED. THANKS GUYS.

2. sfrolich

sfrolich

Sorry for my ignorance but does the FJ60 master have 4 wheel disk or 2 wheel disk?

This is more of a trial and error thing but most certainly, the fixed porportioning valve you have won't have the correct porportioning.

Go to www.summitracing.com and order an adjustable porportioning valve for $40-50. and put that in instead of the fixed one. There is a chance you might need to use both but probably not.

Scott (71 FJ40 Monte Carlo rear disk, 72' 4Runner front disk, 76 FJ40 Master with a single adjustable porportioning valve)

3. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    60 master is front disc only. You'll need to pull the residual valve from the rear circuit, remove the factory prop valve, and install a Summit or other adjustable one to balance the system.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

thanks guys for the info, great site ! later .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.