Polycarbonate Windshield (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I read you review of the polycarbonate windshield with your initial purchase, but am wondering how you like it now that its had some use. I am ready for a new windshield and am contemplating this one, but would like an update to your satisfaction and any irritations that you may have with the non-glass replacement.

thanks, :)
Jon

my only irritation is when I grab the squeegie at the gas station and forget that it's a poor idea :D

it's pretty scratch free....considering I treat it just like glass for 99% of the time...I am consious about using the wiper blades tho...and the inside isn't scratch resistant (which is when the gas station really causes issues...lol)

I was backing down a trail with a busted pinion this spring....hooked the corner of the windshield frame on a tree I didn't see (reverse on offcambers ain't easy)....SLAMMED the frame onto the hood, tore the two straps clean off the bikini top, bent the frame about 3" corner to corner....the shield twisted like nuthin. Back home that week, took a block of wood between the frame and the cage combined with a come-along....cranked 'er past straight, let 'er ease back, and it's "only" 1/2" off now...

that incident would have for SURE cost the glass....

It ain't cheap, and it takes some "thinking" before you just grab something to clean it (rinse with water basically, wet sponge gently), but as many times as I would have wrecked normal glass it's paid for itself.

(I'm hard on my equipment....lol)

off road rig yes, on road rig most of the time no..

Mace said:
off road rig yes, on road rig most of the time no..

true...does not meet any DOT regs....

not that my rig is technically compliant, but yours may need to be :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom