Poly Tank question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just started looking for a poly tank to go UNDER my FJ40. The local Car Quest will be able to get an over sized tank (21 gal)for a 70's J##p for about $230.00. Don't have any dimentions yet as well the best way to mount it.
Anyone have any experience with this. I REALLY want to remove the under seat tank.
Thanks!

I've wondered about using one of the rectangular marine poly tanks listed in Cabelas, much cheaper than what you mentioned I think. Any problem with that?

I've seen those, or things similar. It (in my opinion) wouldn't be the proper choice for the application.

have you considered custom? I know quite a few people who have had them made for a specific location/size....lots of advantages to that....contact jimridderbush@aol.com, he's in Appleton and has done a handful of Cruiser tanks.

Another option is a fuel cell in the bed, I'm quite happy with the 15 gallon aluminum cell I purchased thru Summit. Probably not a great choice tho if you intend to run a rear seat, but otherwise it's not in the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom