Wanted PNW - '80-'90 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
blue
OK, I've gotten the bug... LCs have been in my wife's family for years, and they've owned at least one of every iteration from the 60 all the way up to 200s. Coincidentally, right around the time I sold my Tacoma I happened to drive my father in law's 1985 FJ60, and needless to say, now I'm looking for one of my own.

I know I'm a bit late to the game in buying one of these, but hoping there's still something that fits my needs and budget left out there. I've got ~10K to spend and am hoping to find something that's drivable but without any significant rust. The big picture for this truck will be for around-town driving as I fix it up and make it reliable... Possibly going as far as a frame-off restoration. I can fix any mechanical stuff and am happy to reseal, rebuild, replace parts as necessary, but I can't weld, and therefore fixing rusted through areas that need patching is gonna be beyond my abilities.

I mainly want a 60 over the 62 for the manual transmission and classic looks, but could be open to the right 62 as well. I do expect to through a H55F in it anyways.

Ideally I can find one in my area of the country so I can check it out in person and drive it home (I'm not gonna fly anywhere right now). But, if someone has one somewhere else and it fits the bill I could be open to shipping it.

So, if anyone has or knows of a 60 that needs to go to a good home. Let me know.

I have a 62 that you might be interested in. Needs a raiditior but other then that runs and drives. Needs TLC and some things replaced but i was my daily driver for a while. It's located near south of Seattle.

I have a 62 that you might be interested in. Needs a raiditior but other then that runs and drives. Needs TLC and some things replaced but i was my daily driver for a while. It's located near south of Seattle.

Thanks for the lead, but I think I'm covered... Should be picking up a 60 next weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom