Please help, no accelerator pedal, code p1126 Magnetic Clutch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Aloha from Hawaii, not too many LC100's locally, and I'm hoping one of you can help solve my problem

Vehicle 1999 LC100 - 114K miles

Problem - lost accelerator pedal, can drive in limp mode, throwing code P1126 Magnetic clutch

Progress - installed a used TB, didn't work. Got a new TB assembly that didn't work. tested connections between TB sensors and ECU, continuity is in spec. Sent out ECU, shop claims it's still good but I think otherwise.

Has anyone else had a similar issue? any help would be greatly appreciated. Will be trying a new ECU next.

Any luck/resolution with this?

I've been having similar issues. P1126 as well as MAF/Intake Temp codes (P0100,P0110).

I've been having similar issues. P1126 as well as MAF/Intake Temp codes (P0100,P0110).

got a second used ECU and had it flashed, but I am having trouble programming my key, I only have a valet key. I live on a rural island in Hawaii (population 7,000) and don't have access to basic things like Key cutting, WIll be resolving this issue within the week and will post an update.

3rd ECU fixed the problem, a brand new unit from flagship one
Just to clarify, the magnetic clutch motor issue solved

First - Used throttle body on
Second - New throttle body
Third - Used flashed ECU (identical matching numbers)
Forth - Checked all wires from TB to ECU (they were all in spec)
Fifth- New ECU from flagship one (problem solved)

Note - bought the LC100 broken in limp mode, local mechanic could not fix had the LC in the shop for over a year, told me he sent the ECU out and it came back as good.

Was there a cause for the first two fried ECUs? Water ingress? Normally Toyota ECUs don't fail often. Just wondered.

Was there a cause for the first two fried ECUs? Water ingress? Normally Toyota ECUs don't fail often. Just wondered.
I assume leaks, I got the rig as a nonrunning unit with the entire windshield and sunroof sealed with silicone and roofing tape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom