Please help my crooked cruiser! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

G

Hi guys! I have a question I am hoping someone can PLEASE help me with. I bought this 60 for my wife after she fell in love with my 55. It has always had a slight lean to the drivers side, which sat about and inch lower than the passengers. I figured it was a bad spring, and I wanted to lift it anyways, so...Now after installing the Pinnacle 3" lift, it sits a LOT higher, but leans ever worse to the left. This was my first major cruiser mod that I tackled myself and I was just about to pat myself on the back until I saw the results. I want to put tires on SOOOOOOO bad, but not until this gets done right. Any suggestions? I'm dying here!
Thanks all!
87 FJ60 237K
77 FJ55 500+++K

Two things, one if you got the deluxe kit, then make sure you put the left spring on the left and the right on the right lol. There are two diffrent springs for the back.
Two, mine wasnt sitting right either, so i took her for a 20ft drive with the ubolts semi tight, and she leveld out after a few feet, then i tightened up the ubolts the rest of the way

Hmm. Wonder if the '60s get the same infamous "lean" as the '40s. In that case, you need to shim the highest spring to bring it down and bring up your low corner.

Hey guys...It's the 3" Pinnacle from JT Outfitters and I just found out some info. When you get the kit, the front springs are stamped with part number 8050. The driver side spring for the rear is number 8048, and the passenger rear is 8049. I installed the rear springs opposite and...it's a horrible sight to see. Thanks for all your help with this guys!

My 76 fj40 leaned with stock suspension and it leans with a 4" lift on it. &nbsp:Don't think there is a solution to the "cruiser lean" Maybe run longer shackles or shims??

Travis

you knowk, if there were the PBB, we'd all be begging for more pics...and tell you she's overdressed...and....well... :flipoff2:

I had the same problem with my '40,... it keeps getting worse the more lift you add. I had a Blacksmithing (spring) shop in town make one more full length leaf to add to my left rear spring pack. It makes the lean negligable... period. The increased spring rate is also negligable because I believe the drivers side is heavier than the passenger side.

Don't quote me on anything... I assume no responsibility for my thought processes!!

WILL

;)Guess this is a little off topic at this point, but for parties interested in the FJ40 lean and its solution, I'll refer you to this article at CCOT. It was/is a common enough problem that Toyota had a service bulletin about it, referenced in the article:

http://store.yahoo.com/coolfj40/booktoylancr.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom