Please help ID noise - Video attached (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What: 2005 LC with 225k miles.

Symptoms: Rubber sounding squeek while in D at low speed. Rotational noise. Doesn't make noise in R or P. I had it up on a lift, put in D and it appears to be coming from the front wheel area. I don't know why, but i failed to get a video, but will next wekeend.

I've performed a lot of baseline maintenance to include new rotors and pads Cruiser Outfitter bearing/race kit and most recently (today) we greased the spindle bearings using the Slee tool. I honestly thought that would be it because it took a lot of grease.

The front diff is also 3 months old. It's a new OEM unit and was replaced due to passenger side leak that was going to require a new carrier assembly. I decided to spend an extra 600 and just install a new OEM unit due to age.

It doesn't sound like metal or failed bearing. It doesn't get louder at high speed. Nothing in the dust shield.

Any ideas on something else that I may have missed that needs attention? This is a new sound, months after the baseline items mentioned above.

Last edited:
Are you sure your CV boot isn’t rubbing on something? The noise seems to match the rotation.

Are you sure your CV boot isn’t rubbing on something? The noise seems to match the rotation.
I agree with your assessment. I'll take a closer look. It's odd, I just watched the embedded video in the post and all I can't here the noise at all....just fumbling.

What: 2005 LC with 225k miles.

Symptoms: Rubber sounding squeek while in D at low speed. Rotational noise. Doesn't make noise in R or P. I had it up on a lift, put in D and it appears to be coming from the front wheel area. I don't know why, but i failed to get a video, but will next wekeend.

I've performed a lot of baseline maintenance to include new rotors and pads Cruiser Outfitter bearing/race kit and most recently (today) we greased the spindle bearings using the Slee tool. I honestly thought that would be it because it took a lot of grease.

The front diff is also 3 months old. It's a new OEM unit and was replaced due to passenger side leak that was going to require a new carrier assembly. I decided to spend an extra 600 and just install a new OEM unit due to age.

It doesn't sound like metal or failed bearing. It doesn't get louder at high speed. Nothing in the dust shield.

Any ideas on something else that I may have missed that needs attention? This is a new sound, months after the baseline items mentioned above.

Could it be just part of the outer boot rubbing? I see area that looks rubbed clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom