Pitman Arm/Drag Link Connection Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All...semi-newbie here with an '84 60, 206,000 on engine 2" lift with Aussie susp, cherry

You all seem knowledgable in the land of Cruisers, I am learning as I go. Question: The connection b/w my pitman arm and drag link appears to be aged and loose. there is a 1/2" gap which looks like it could snap if not given attention. Knowing little about this steering system, I'm not sure if this is normal or should be looked at. The rubber "bushing" or sleeve which sits at the connection (on top of the drag link where the pitman arm slides through) seems "flat and saggy". should there be a gap to give the drag link some vertical play or should this connection be flush? Enlighten me, for I am naive in the art of the Cruiser.

David Halterman

Not an expert here but I am not certain of the location you are trying to describe. A picture would help.
Are you talking of where the pitman attaches to the relay rod? Has a castle nut & is secured with a cotter pin. If so, there should be no slop or movement by hand. In fact if it is where I am talking about it can be really difficult to seperate when doing a rebuild/repair. I doubt if you do have movement there but if you do I would get to the bottom of it b-4 driving again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom