Events/Trails pismo trip in the 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

93yotasr5

Come and take it
Threads
went to the 9th annual pismo jamboree this weekend. the 80 did very well. got good and stuck once. impressed myself a few times as well as some of the people in the dunes.

bdb16345.jpg

0942fbf9.jpg

7e6c4d19.jpg

7ae63dcd.jpg

2a38948e.jpg

49478f66.jpg

9a8bd178.jpg

288ad90e.jpg

85ae9f66.jpg

4a4bf281.jpg

both dug in pretty deep. took two trucks to get us out haha

cc07df26.jpg

472b9e2b.jpg

181e7fc5.jpg

2e62812d.jpg

be5a13ea.jpg

6c36b18d.jpg

64f18713.jpg

more pics to come.
cant wait for Surf N Turf

nice, glad you had a good time.

(FWIW, and you probably know this, but it seems to be generally accepted that the little tabs on the ARB up front are not really that great for HD recovery)

Were you aired down for the sand? Some of those pictures look like your tire pressures are still fairly high and your sidewalls aren't flexing

yeah the tabs are pretty weak. i wouldnt use em in mud stuck situations. yes i was aired down. 10psi all around

nice, glad you had a good time.

(FWIW, and you probably know this, but it seems to be generally accepted that the little tabs on the ARB up front are not really that great for HD recovery)

Which tabs?

yeah the tabs are pretty weak. i wouldnt use em in mud stuck situations. yes i was aired down. 10psi all around

I've heard if you pull straight, you should be okay with using the tabs. Any angle while yanking on the tabs would bend them...i suppose. I wonder if bracing some structure around the tabs on the bumper would resolve this, but who wants to weld up their shiny powdercoated bumper...

Buggy Whip Attachment?

Sorry for the Hi-Jack, but I am curious as to how everyone mounts the buggy whips to their rigs. Can you use your existing CB antenna mount?

Sorry for the Hi-Jack, but I am curious as to how everyone mounts the buggy whips to their rigs. Can you use your existing CB antenna mount?

I can't see why not. So long as it is at least eight feet (96") from the ground when the vehicle is stopped.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/1170/files/ccr 4609 effective 01-01-2010_od.pdf

"(3) All Off-Highway Vehicles registered under California Vehicle Code Section 38010 or other vehicles primarily operated for Off-Highway Vehicle activities shall be equipped with a whip, which is any pole, rod or antenna, that is securely mounted on the vehicle and which extends at least eight (8) feet from the surface of the ground when the vehicle is stopped."

Mine CB antenna worked great doubling as a flag whip last year. :D

Yep, I have a Ham radio with the antenna mounted at the rear of the vehicle, so the CB tab on the ARB is unused and that's where I bolt my sand flag to. Works just fine.

flag.jpg

cheers,
george.

Nice pics. We did this same trip about a month ago with the 94 and all the toys. Fun times...lots of clean up.

Looks like it was fun! I went last year, was the only 80 and the second LAND CRUISER. Sorry not including all the FJ Cruiser's.. The other Cruiser was a 60 series all expo'd out. The Jambo is more of a 4Runner meet as Surf N Turf is to Us.

or buy another cb mount for the other side like i did.

got em of amazon for 16 each. works perfectly.
f7d28ac3.jpg

af40853a.jpg

f7d28ac3.jpg

af40853a.jpg

Is that a Firestik SS-204 Adjustable Stainless Steel Vertical Door Jamb Mount??

Yep. Sure is

f7d28ac3.jpg

af40853a.jpg

Sweet! I used to mount my antenna with that same mount until I installed the 4x4 Labs bumper. Now I have a use for it again. Thanks for the pix!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom