PIG THREAD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No crying allowed. Just fix it.

Oh man that sux!

7B01809F-205B-4DD7-8FC2-F70B1F2262D9.jpeg

U-joints suck... 1 down, 1 to go, then I can see if this clutch job was a success.

0330191439.jpg

Backed out of the garage and to the end of the driveway and back under its own power!

0331191718.jpg

Still lots of things to reconnect and I need to adjust the throw on the clutch, but it is mobile again. And we FINALLY got the title in hand, so off to get tags this week or next.

Baby steps.

Took a 2 mile round trip to church and back tonight. If the Speedo is right, got up to a whopping 40 mph.

0403191756.jpg

0403191903.jpg

Might be adding a parts pig to the herd this afternoon.... :poof:

Stay tuned

Well, drug off the trailer and where it will live for now...

1971, no title, motor condition unknown, but it is all there. Only thing I noticed missing are the headlight trim rings. Still has the 3 on the tree.

0411191913.jpg

0411191910b.jpg

0411191911.jpg

0411191910.jpg

0411191910a.jpg

@jynx interested in fenders and some other parts.

shoot me a price on complete tailgate with glass. Thanks

Glass is cracked @wct49 right up the middle and in the corner. If you still want, I will PM you.

Also, i haven't checked to see if the regulator works. Lemmie hook a battery up and see if it will roll up and down.

I think it is. Looks like it at a glance anyway

So, do any of you have issues with heat transfer into the carb? We drove about 5 miles one way on friday and when I shut it down, it diesel'd a little, but otherwise no big deal, then I went to start it back up to move it, no bueno. It cranked over fine but clearly wasn't getting fuel. Pop the hood and pull the air-cleaner and my best bet was it was hot and boiling the fuel out of the bowl. We let it sit for a few hours while we burned stuff and drank beer, and when we left it hit on the first roll of the motor and off we went. I know the weber adapter plates are part of the problem. So I'm thinking I am going to see if the parts pig has the factory spacer still on it and if so rob it off for now and see if that helps.

Seem like a reasonable thought process? Any other thoughts?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom