Pictures of new FJ!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well let's see here...I would not want to buy a new vehicle with leaf springs, so that would have to be revised. That one has manual hubs that has been out for a long time now, nobody want to get out to lock them in (also can't shift into 4wd on the fly unless the front is already all spinning at full speed). It wouldn't come with a ARB factory bumper (if that is ARB, certainly looks like it), nor a winch. But other than that, that could be a production vehicle!! :D

(Yeah, so no real substance here, but thanks to Woody for creating this whole forum for the FJ Cruiser, when it doesn't even exist yet and us actually getting real post numbers from it...) :cheers: :D

I don't mind the manual hubs. Leaf springs I could do without. RHD wouldn't really work.

But this photo is directly from Toyota's Au webstite, so it certainly is a production vehicle.

Just not for us . . . .

Jared

I'll never get the asthetic of the 80 style ARB .. fawk , they're fugly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*SHUDDER*

Ok , I feel better .... :flipoff2:

Lots of production cars/trucks have leafs in the rear today.

Manual hubs are still an option on many current production vehicles. Case in point- 4wd F250's.

(They are an automatic design with optional manual engagement I believe)

CruisinGA said:
Lots of production cars/trucks have leafs in the rear today.
Really? Cars? Lots of them? Which ones, (really am curious, not just being an ass) the imports I'm used to, I think have all pretty much switched to coil springs.

mabrodis said:
Well let's see here...I would not want to buy a new vehicle with leaf springs, so that would have to be revised. That one has manual hubs that has been out for a long time now, nobody want to get out to lock them in (also can't shift into 4wd on the fly unless the front is already all spinning at full speed). It wouldn't come with a ARB factory bumper (if that is ARB, certainly looks like it), nor a winch. But other than that, that could be a production vehicle!! :D

(Yeah, so no real substance here, but thanks to Woody for creating this whole forum for the FJ Cruiser, when it doesn't even exist yet and us actually getting real post numbers from it...) :cheers: :D

:rolleyes: They certainly DID come with those options and more (notice what the license plate is advertising?). You only wish you could by one of those (I know I do for a sweet Troopy like that).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom