Pics of aftermarket real wood trim kits. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I ordered the cheapest set I could from eBay for $130 just to try them. They are not real wood but match my 1997 interior perfectly. Exact same shade. I think I am going to run with it since I can replace only the faded parts. "wowmystore" on the bay sold me the "newport burl" kit for $130. I plan to install them this weekend even though I have to say the plain black vents look great on my oak interior 40th.

I usually like to buy high quality replacement parts for my builds but in this case I think the OEM parts were at the bottom of the quality scale and replacing an OEM dash with a higher quality part could stand out due to its thickness and general higher quality.

RKT

Hi RKT,

This is an interesting option as well… most of my factory “wood” looks fine and being able to find a perfect match would allow me to swap out only the faded parts….

Any photos of your interior with the new trim installed?

I wonder if there is such a thing as Genuine Toyota trim parts anymore or if they have been discontinued for so long that they are impossible to find? Maybe Ameyama.com would have something in Japan or UAE locations?

-G

I ended going with the Real Birdseye maple (espresso). Really love how it turned out. Also just picked up an ebay wood steering wheel and they match perfectly!

IMG_20220219_095848_995.jpg

20211217_135347.jpg

20211217_135334.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom