Picked up an 80 today... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Drove down to Long Island today to pick up a 1995 FZJ80. 124K, locked, stock...for now. This is to be a DD for now, but I will wheel it some too. Got a few things to do to it, but drove nice back to the Cape. Thought I'd share my new ride!!!

mad-jack-albums-1995-fzj80-picture5357-fzj801.jpg

mad-jack-albums-1995-fzj80-picture5358-fzj802.jpg

sweet. gonna get you to the FG this year!!!

sweet 80 congrats on the purchase :cheers:

sweet machine. any plans for it?

The typical stuff, lift, bumpers, sliders, tires, maybe a rack, maybe a snorkel, Landtank items, got the MAF before I actually picked up the truck...ordering the seat extenders and when I do the lift, caster plates. Change all the fluids, hunt down an egr code, and clean the interior. I have a phh coming too. The current tries are junk so I might use the tires from the troopy(BFG's KM2's) for now when I lift this summer(hopefully) I'll look for 35's. Most of this stuff will be over time as the budget allows. I'll be neglecting the troopy some but most of my big purchases for the HJ are done(famous last words).

Not sure I can make the April trip, but we shall see. I would love to go. Yes John, maybe I won't need to ask for a seat in anyone's rig this year! Although I so appreciated them!!!

Thanks for all the nice words!!

Nice looking rig. I saw that listed on Craig's list. What a great price for a locked rig.

Congrats!

how about a cun-n-turn as opposed to the caster plates? it well alleviate your front drive line angle some and you can get exactly the caster angle that suits your tire size. PLUS the axle will be all apart so you can put new seals and check the condition of the bearings before it goes back together.

Not such a good idea. You gain absolutely nothing as far as caster is concerned but loose possible pinion lubrication by not rotating the housing do to a steeper angle and a lower fill level.

Caster plates are the way to go and it only takes a couple of hours to install them.

DOH!!! Troopy tires are a no go....15". Got them on the fronts fine, but the rear disks are just a little too big. I had thought I bought 16's but I did not.... I have spacers for the troopy, but I'm not liking the idea of putting them on the 80. Its puts the tread of the tire right under the fender side and would cause wicked rubbing with any flex at all. Looks like spending some more money. The tires are spent so I got to replace them...

DOH!!! Troopy tires are a no go....15". Got them on the fronts fine, but the rear disks are just a little too big. I had thought I bought 16's but I did not.... I have spacers for the troopy, but I'm not liking the idea of putting them on the 80. Its puts the tread of the tire right under the fender side and would cause wicked rubbing with any flex at all. Looks like spending some more money. The tires are spent so I got to replace them...

here yah go..Super Swamper Radial Trxus Mud Terrain :D

Not such a good idea. You gain absolutely nothing as far as caster is concerned but loose possible pinion lubrication by not rotating the housing do to a steeper angle and a lower fill level.

Caster plates are the way to go and it only takes a couple of hours to install them.

maybe you misunderstood what i was saying. cut the knuckles off and rotate them to the desired king pin inclination then weld em up. Not looking for an argument just a suggestion. Mad Jack will inquire if he is more interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom