Picked up an 80 today... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Josh, unlike with the leaf sprung Cruisers, cut-and-turns are generally not required or desirable on 80's unless you are lifting it VERY high. There are multiple caster correction options for these trucks that avoid it with great results that are far less "invasive."

:)

Registered today! Got some tires too. Went with Toyo Open Country MT's. Only reason I went with those over the Trxus is people I talked to here on the Cape say the Toyo is better in the sand. Everything I read supported it and considering that I will be wheeling some here, thought that was kind of important. Went with 285/75's and they look nice! I'll get some pics up tomorrow. Its begging to be lifted, but budget (and :princess:) tells me I'm waiting....

How long before we find that thing sucks too?

Jack that made me laugh for about 5 minutes, damn I must be tired:cheers:

John those are some nice tires you have there were you able to get them local?

Last edited:
Nat, Yupp, Town Fair Tire. I got the "E" rating(10 ply) and made a huge difference in road handling, much less roll into corners, which surprises me that do so well on sand...we shall see. Town Fair claim to be able to get any tire. Of course the Trxus and Dirt Grips(Parnelli Jones...had really good sand rating for a mud tire but were the most expensive) were the only ones I asked about they could not get overnite, but they could get them.

cool man i will have to come out to the cape some time and we can compare how they are in the sand...but then again you could bring an 80 out to the beach with bauld tires and it will school any thing out there:grinpimp:

just need to get that lift on ad you will be golden

Not too bad, here are some pics, sorry the angles are a little tough but the tires are a bit tight, but they do not rub with basic driving. Driver's side bumper is a little pushed back and the plastic hits at certain angles in reverse, but they have been fine. Did a little rolling around on the beach yesterday at some off angles and nothing so I think it will be ok till I get to the suspension.

mad-jack-albums-1995-fzj80-picture5444-95fj80fronttire-285-75r16.jpg

mad-jack-albums-1995-fzj80-picture5443-95fj80tires-285-75r16s.jpg

All done with this project....cup holder is installed!!!

I wish... I got a small pile of stuff for it and not too much time yet to put much in. Had an hour this afternoon and got the cdl switch installed and the cup holder....both work great! Pin 7 Mod later this week.

Hoping for a warm up this weekend to get a few more things done on it, but I've been dding it getting to know it better. Passed inspection after a little window tint removal. It was way too dark, to bad I liked the gangster look but seems MA does not. Very fun to drive in the snow! Mileage..we won't go there :)

Yesterday I got the OME springs in. I went with stock height for now as I plan to lift it in the future but as I couldn't afford the lift just yet. I had to do something about the squishy springs that were in it. It did give a nice boost to the truck, but I do expect them to settle some.

mad-jack-albums-1995-fzj80-picture7270-ome-stock-springs.jpg

mad-jack-albums-1995-fzj80-picture7272-ome-stock-front.jpg

mad-jack-albums-1995-fzj80-picture7271-ome-stock-rear.jpg

edit: btw the tires are 33's

Last edited:
wow that's a lot better must ride great now:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom