Picked 'er up.......'11 GX 460 Premium (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally....had this '11 GX 460 shipped from CarMax in Henderson NV to SLC......

Waiting was the worst part....ordered Jan 3rd.....arrived in SLC Jan 22nd...yea..where the hell did it go ?

Spent this morning going through the manual...learning all the stuff.........the adjustable head lights still a ??

This has all the bells & whistles.......including the Mark Levinson sound system....only one I've seen in my searches

Overall happy with the car......dealing with CarMax.....(no extended warranty)

BTW....this actually will be my wife's DD....replacing her '05 Tacoma TRD SB DC

Still may add some stuff.......Iron Man suspension......some decent AT tires........

Yes......Lame CM pic files.......mine later

4.jpg

23.jpg

Congrats!
I've got some 265/65/18 Pirelli All Terrain Plus with about 1k miles on them sitting in the garage if you're looking for AT's where the spare still fits lol

Congrats!
I've got some 265/65/18 Pirelli All Terrain Plus with about 1k miles on them sitting in the garage if you're looking for AT's where the spare still fits lol

thanx........but going use Goodyear Ultra Terrain tire.....

just not sure which size......may go 17's........maybe save $$ and stick with 18's

Street tires on it now are going bye bye......

gdyrl8_ang_xl.jpg

Nice ride!! I like the interior color. I have that Ecru. I like that tan much better.

spare won't fit in spare location !!!!!!!!!

LT 265-70 x 17

:frown:
Sounds like 2 options: a) rear tire hanger b) a can of compressed tire fix/inflator.
Humm... Sounds like some tough decisions are blowing your way.
I do remember seeing a tread about what the maximum size spare tire that fits with deflating it a little to squeeze it up there.
Your tires aren't that big, perhaps your spare may fit with losing a little air? But then you'll need a compressor or something in case you need to use it.

tire is 265-70x17.....will not fit....too much meat.......

Looking at rear bumper/tire carriers........

Looking for suggestions......Dobinson looks like an option......

$1800.......there goes my Trump check........Metal Tech $2500 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$1800.......there goes my Trump check........Metal Tech $2500 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm looking at the door mounted one's from JW Offroad.

If you're really not doing a lot of airing down or off-roading, anther option is an air tank. You can fill up an awful lot of tires with a 3000psi air tank and it costs just a few dollars to refill at a local scuba store or welding shop. The nice thing about air tanks is that they fill your tires really fast! Down side is mounting them somewhere or finding a secure place for them.
I have mounted under my hood ARB's largest dual compressor. I'm running 285/75 17LT BFG M/T KO2's. When I air down to 15 psi it takes me between 30 to 45 minutes to air up to 50 psi for all 4 tires. Being LT (light truck) tires, I usually run them at 65 psi even though they are rated for 85 psi.
If I had an air tank, it would only be about 15 minutes for all 4 tires.
Here's just one product: Power Tank Online Store and Blog

If you're really not doing a lot of airing down or off-roading, anther option is an air tank. You can fill up an awful lot of tires with a 3000psi air tank and it costs just a few dollars to refill at a local scuba store or welding shop. The nice thing about air tanks is that they fill your tires really fast! Down side is mounting them somewhere or finding a secure place for them.
I have mounted under my hood ARB's largest dual compressor. I'm running 285/75 17LT BFG M/T KO2's. When I air down to 15 psi it takes me between 30 to 45 minutes to air up to 50 psi for all 4 tires. Being LT (light truck) tires, I usually run them at 65 psi even though they are rated for 85 psi.
If I had an air tank, it would only be about 15 minutes for all 4 tires.
Here's just one product: Power Tank Online Store and Blog

Unless you're taking a 5-7 minute break between each tire to let the compressor cool off that sounds absurdly long. I have been running the dual compressor on a number of vehicles for years, at one point even with 37's and I have never ever come even remotely close to that amount of time. Also, that's a crazy high pressure for a tire on these vehicles regardless of it's load range rating.

r2m.......

65 psi seems high for sure......DTD shipped my LT tire/wheel pkg with 35 psi installed

Our '11 GX is a DD.......far from an overland vehicle.....yet......

May just order another 300P Vair compressor & plug kit for the time being

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom