Phone charger delete possible? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Charlie, got that piece of with your help :)

Need a break, too hot out. Will resume tomorrow morning with this experiment. Will take better pics tomorrow when not so sunny as well.

Here are some pics of how the gray piece holder looks:

0 2.jpeg

1 2.jpeg

1.jpeg

A few more pics and I will add some more pics of the dimensions tomorrow.

I have to experiment with some different options as to how to create a faceplate or some kind of mounting solution for what ever I put in there but I would love to put my ham radio in there.

0 3.jpeg

1 3.jpeg

2 2.jpeg

A few more pics and I will add some more pics of the dimensions tomorrow.

I have to experiment with some different options as to how to create a faceplate or some kind of mounting solution for what ever I put in there but I would love to put my ham radio in there.

While you have it apart in regards to the L shaped button array with the eco and pwr start ....

do you think the blanks there (that are used in other countries) could be converted to switches or ports?
I always thought that was an odd place to have unused real estate.

Others have said they aren't individual buttons but one singular component but in the spirit of utilizing dead space I thought these buttons could serve a purpose

While you have it apart in regards to the L shaped button array with the eco and pwr start ....

do you think the blanks there (that are used in other countries) could be converted to switches or ports?
I always thought that was an odd place to have unused real estate.

Others have said they aren't individual buttons but one singular component but in the spirit of utilizing dead space I thought these buttons could serve a purpose

Under those blanks is a computer board that stretches the length.

I took mine apart thinking I could put my air locker switches there.. but no.

On sites like car maka and partsouq they do sell that panel where they are all working buttons from the Middle East and Russia models. .

I have toyed with the idea of buying that and figuring out how to wire it so I can utilize all of them. You’d have to relabel the buttons themselves too.
But maybe it is indeed impossible.

Maybe, but I'm not finding that part.

DASH-PARTS.JPG

Last edited:
It’s usually under electrical. I posted it under One of the older threads. Ill
Try to look for the part number. I wrote it down somewhere.

so here is the setup until I can get a nice faceplate where I won’t have to use the old charger module compartment. You can see that with that old compartment removed there is plenty of space for my DMR radio and usb, 12V, and other options.

this option with the old compartment cover still provides more room as my radio did not fit there before but with it removed the space is very useful, just need a solution to make it look nice with custom faceplate/panel.

1626019926161.jpeg

1626019983459.jpeg

1626020006604.jpeg

1626020100736.jpeg

1626020123512.jpeg

I am making some mock ups and bought plenty (first time using it) of ABS plastic that I think would look good in that space with the module completely removed and ABS can be heated up and molded to shape. I think this will give plenty of room for a radio, USB, 12V ports, switches, etc.

But of course if one of the pro vendors on here can make something custom to fit that would be great :)

I have started working on this to see how much room is in there and if my ham radio will fit nicely and to see what kind of panel or insert and or bracket to hold it in there. Have to figure out how to lift off center console to get to bracket holding in the charger module. Oh mine is a 2017 model.

View attachment 2727102
Guess dependings how big the unit is, I have my XRS370 mounted behind the console

*edit* just seen your mounting, ok not how I thought you were going with it my bad

Guess dependings how big the unit is, I have my XRS370 mounted behind the console

*edit* just seen your mounting, ok not how I thought you were going with it my bad
This is just temporary until I can get some time to use the ABS plastic for something more custom and add some other modules like USB C, USB, etc.

My wireless charger never worked so after I installed my naviplus usb input in the original usb location, I ran this bus powered hub up from the displaced original usb/aux input that is now beneath the console.

Have been on the road for 5 days, works like a charm, chargers multiple devices at once. When not in use the door closes neatly. Easy, cheap and effective.

19C5AFE3-6648-4149-8286-7F76D7CB2991.jpeg

My wireless charger never worked so after I installed my naviplus usb input in the original usb location, I ran this bus powered hub up from the displaced original usb/aux input that is now beneath the console.

Have been on the road for 5 days, works like a charm, chargers multiple devices at once. When not in use the door closes neatly. Easy, cheap and effective.

View attachment 2748860
How do you like the Navi Plus?

View attachment 2748860
How does that hub fit? I need one with additional 12v outlet and usb charging ports. Amazon add for your unit doesn't mention dimensions but wondering if the unit is snug, or moves around.

I’m going to try and fit a MagSafe charger, I could never get any of my iPhones to keep charging while in there

Bringing this back to the top.

@SSG what did you finally end up doing?
@NLXTACY did you end up doing anything?
Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom