For Sale Phoenix: 1994 Toyota Pickup 4wd 22R-E (141k miles) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. Minitruck
Mileage
Color
rgb(142, 0, 0)
Outside Link
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmJ9gDuJ
I got this truck new in January 1994 when I was a junior in high school. To say I've got some sentimental attachment to it would be putting it mildly. But, I've got an itch for a project Land Cruiser and there's just no room to keep it. It was my daily driver in high school, then my mom drove it for a year or so, and then I got it back in '97 or '98 and it stayed my daily driver until 2005. (I used to do some wheeling in it, but nothing too serious.) Since 2005 it's hardly been driven at all; it's existence having been relegated to the occasional Home Depot run and a few trips to the desert for target practice. It just sits in the garage on a trickle charger.

I have a bunch of maintenance records around here somewhere and I can dig those up. Off the top of my head:
  1. The timing chain was done in 2008 (the guides wore out and it started to get noisy); I had the water pump replaced at that time too, there was nothing wrong with the old one, but since the pump had to come off to do the chain and guides, why not replace it too?
  2. The clutch was replaced at about 100k if I remember correctly. This is a sore subject. I had them save the old clutch and it looked brand new, I don't know how I got talked into replacing it. All it really needed at the time was just the shifter bushing. YouTube didn't exist then and I didn't know how easy that job is.
  3. A/C compressor seized in the Summer of 2003 and I never bothered to fix it. I lived in San Diego at the time, so it didn't seem too important. In some of the pics you'll notice that the A/C button is missing in the dash; I just pulled out the switch to keep from accidentally pressing it. (The switch has been sitting in the ashtray since '03.)
  4. Last week I put on 4 new Goodyear Wrangler Radials; 235 75 R15
It starts easy and runs great. I drove it about 20 miles around town yesterday to get the emissions tested--passed with flying colors. I think I'll drive it to work this week just to get a feel for it again.

My plan is to spend some time cleaning it up and replacing some of the cosmetic stuff (inside door handle; driver side mirror; maybe the lower front bumper valance, etc.), but before I do that I thought I'd post it here and gauge the interest for it.

I'm still not sure how to price this thing, so for now let's say $10,000 $8500 OBO.

More Photos Here

Last edited:
Beautiful truck. Did I miss the mileage somewhere in your description?

Ok, so my price was probably on the high side. Oops. Let's say...$8500 OBO

I just added a bunch of photos of the underside today. (Link) The skid plate and front bumper valance will be replaced soon.

how difficult would it be to get the air working? I am in San Antonio and would die without it

how difficult would it be to get the air working? I am in San Antonio and would die without it

It wouldn't be hard at all. Reinstall the A/C switch, crack one of the A/C lines going to the compressor to get the freon out of the system and then just unbolt and replace compressor. Fill new compressor with oil, replace drier, attach A/C lines to both, put a vacuum on the system to make sure it holds, then charge with new Freon.

Not too bad.

It wouldn't be hard at all. Reinstall the A/C switch, crack one of the A/C lines going to the compressor to get the freon out of the system and then just unbolt and replace compressor. Fill new compressor with oil, replace drier, attach A/C lines to both, put a vacuum on the system to make sure it holds, then charge with new Freon.

Not too bad.

Agreed. A reman compressor is only $267. (I don't know if that includes the clutch?) Drier is $51. This is an R-12 system though; not sure what that stuff costs these days, of if it's cheaper to convert to R134a.

I've got a good grey dash for this truck if the new or current owner is interested..no cracks or flaws.

Is this truck still for sale?

What's up with the third brake light? Is that an added antennae? Did you drill through the roof?

0-C4-AA674-DF33-418-F-AC01-0-A20-B4-AD9-BB0.jpg

Is this truck still for sale?

What's up with the third brake light? Is that an added antennae? Did you drill through the roof?

0-C4-AA674-DF33-418-F-AC01-0-A20-B4-AD9-BB0.jpg
That’s a satellite radio antenna I added in 2004. No drilling. It’s magnetic. I ran the wire under the brake light. As far as I know, it’s never leaked. I’ll get a better pic soon.

Yes it’s still for sale.

Also, I should update the first post: both outer CV boots are torn. There’s still grease in there, but I don’t know how long they’ve been open. I’d probably replace the axles with remans from Toyota...which I might do anyway because quarantine is ducking boring.

It could also use front brake pads.

Last edited:
That’s a satellite radio antenna I added in 2004. No drilling. It’s magnetic. I ran the wire under the brake light. As far as I know, it’s never leaked. I’ll get a better pic soon.

Yes it’s still for sale.

Also, I should update the first post: both outer CV boots are torn. There’s still grease in there, but I don’t know how long they’ve been open. I’d probably replace the axles with remans from Toyota...which I might do anyway because quarantine is ducking boring.

It could also use front brake pads.

I added 2 photos to the Flickr album of the antenna. The coating on the magnet melted a little and left a residue. Although I seems to be coming off with a little bit of rubbing...

IMG_4097.jpeg

IMG_4099.jpeg

I added 2 photos to the Flickr album of the antenna. The coating on the magnet melted a little and left a residue. Although I seems to be coming off with a little bit of rubbing...

View attachment 2318635

View attachment 2318634

I had a chance to look at the photos you added. It looks like you just pulled the 3rd brake light off, then ran the extra antenna under the 3rd brake light, and reinstalled. Is that correct? No leaks?

I had a chance to look at the photos you added. It looks like you just pulled the 3rd brake light off, then ran the extra antenna under the 3rd brake light, and reinstalled. Is that correct? No leaks?

Yep, that's exactly right. I can take the light off and peek in there, but I really don't think it's leaked.

Based on some recent BAT auctions (especially the first one linked below) I'm sticking to $8500 OBO for now.

Recent BAT Sales:
1993 Toyota 4×4 Pickup 5-Speed ($11,250; 261k miles)
1993 Toyota 4x4 Pickup 5-Speed (Bid to $20,000; 66k miles)
1993 Toyota 4x4 Pickup 5-Speed ($16,000; 56k miles; V6)
No Reserve: 1992 Toyota 4x4 Pickup 5-Speed ($13,922; 104k miles; V6)
1990 Toyota 4x4 Pickup 5-Speed ($9,300; 103k miles)

Not too bad.
Yotadude, read your story of retrieving KLF's old rig, wheeled with him and that truck in NH ages ago. You have a sweetheart truck there and I am most jealous. Great story, great rig. But I gotta take issue with "crack one of the A/C lines". Yeah, that's how we did it back in the day, I'm as guilty as the next old timer. It is not cool today. Freon (R-12) does bad things to the atmosphere we all share. Get the system evacuated properly so the nasty Freon stays contained. He's probably gotta convert to R-134 anyway. Just sayin'. Hope to run inta ya next time I'm in Tucson. Cheers! PS: Hijack over.

Yotadude, read your story of retrieving KLF's old rig, wheeled with him and that truck in NH ages ago. You have a sweetheart truck there and I am most jealous. Great story, great rig. But I gotta take issue with "crack one of the A/C lines". Yeah, that's how we did it back in the day, I'm as guilty as the next old timer. It is not cool today. Freon (R-12) does bad things to the atmosphere we all share. Get the system evacuated properly so the nasty Freon stays contained. He's probably gotta convert to R-134 anyway. Just sayin'. Hope to run inta ya next time I'm in Tucson. Cheers! PS: Hijack over.

You’re definitely right on that and I probably should’ve specified that too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom