Pesky bolt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
‘78 FJ40

I’m having a hard time attaching the radiator support rod on the passenger side to the battery tray.
1. Am I right to assume that the hole is threaded?
2. Does anyone happen to know what size bolt goes in there? I swear it should be a M6, but it ain’t going in.

M8? Man. Maybe I'm trying to attach to the wrong hole. Thanks for the info. Super helpful.

Mine is "threaded", but via a welded on square nut on the backside (vs the mount itself being tapped) - oem/original though.

Nut is threaded for an M8.
Hole A in the pic is where the support rod reaches, but is definitely not M8. Hole B (down on the frame) looks to be M8 and available, but the rod doesn’t seem long enough. Am I missing something?
739E803C-4D98-4DE0-80F4-2CAF1580D2AE.jpeg

Ha, beat me to it - bolts to the vertical part of the brace. (At least for a '76...no clue if they changed things by '78)

EDIT: Does look like that arm is different...so perhaps they did change things up by then?

PXL_20210517_151205150.MP.jpg

Aha! That makes way more sense. Same for my '78 apparently. Looks like I might have to modify the rod a little to avoid interference with my alternator bracket. No big deal. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom