PCV valve ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 87 FJ60. On my valve cover there was a hose coming out of it that hooked up to my weber carb. Usually they have a pcv here on most cars. My hose sucks air into the engine fromt the carb base plate, shouldn't it be the opposite? Should there be a pcv valve, what would happen if I added one? Thanks

On the stock FJ60, the PCV valve sits in a metal tube that comes out from the rear of the cranckcase on the passenger side of the engine (behind the distributor). From the PCV valve a tube runs over to the base of the carb/intake manifold. This is where gas/vapors/etc. leave the crank case. the port on the top of the valve cover is connected to the air cleaner, and this is were clean air enters the crank case. Air comes in, stuff is sucked out. This is why it's called "positive" crankcase ventilation.

Page two of this thread (posts 35, 45, 47) show the stock PCV valve location: https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=128724&page=2&highlight=pcv

Last edited:
I see now. Thanks for the info. I'll have to check that out in the morning. I guess since I only saw one line going in it threw me off. I need to check and see where that second one is. thanks again

What would happen if air couldn't be sucked in? or if the port that let gases escape couldn't be released?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom