PCV Hose Question FJ60 2F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

4runner2FJ60

SILVER Star
Threads
Probably a dumb question, but I completed my desmog about a year ago and everything has been great. I also replaced the side cover gasket among other things, pcv valve, hoses....etc. My valve grommet has oil around where the valve passes thru it, and I also noticed the hose has oil sweating thru it? Did I use the wrong type of hose when I went I installed a new piece? Thanks
2021-12-31 12.01.12.jpg
2021-12-31 12.01.21.jpg

There’s hose specifically made for the high vacuum of PCV systems. (PCV hose). Most hose will collapse with the heat and high vacuum.
That white stuff on the hose isn’t oil. It’s something in the rubber.
The rubber gasket for the PCV valve is still available to buy. Eventually it’ll get a little grime around it.

@OSS thank you. I have wiped the hose a couple of times and oil definitely comes off on the rag but I see that white stuff as well. It is Gates Safety stripe Heater hose,
2022-01-14 13.45.47.jpg
I think 1/2"? Any recommendation on what hose to buy for that location. Mine has not collapsed yet, but I don't like how it is looking. My gasket was new when I did the pcv valve, but I might replace it again with the hose. Thanks again

Get the PCV hose SOR sells. Heater hose will collapse.
Yeah SOR is expensive but this is a good hose.
PN: 030-20H-A

Got the PCV hose from SOR and got her on with the new Grommet. Thanks again @OSS and SOR for fast service
2022-01-21 15.10.59.jpg
2022-01-21 15.11.04.jpg
2022-01-21 15.36.18.jpg
2022-01-21 15.36.31.jpg
, hose is nice!

Reactions: OSS
Is your pcv connected to your brake booster?

Is your pcv connected to your brake booster?
No, if you look close at the third pic from the top, it is in the manifold pipe standard.....I painted the EGR pipe thing that VHT gold color as well as the side cover. It is very easy to see oil leaks on it.

No, if you look close at the third pic from the top, it is in the manifold pipe standard.....I painted the EGR pipe thing that VHT gold color as well as the side cover. It is very easy to see oil leaks on it.
Trying to figure how to hook up this PCV from the block to somewhere else... where does this go?

Dan

To the EGR inlet pipe that should have a block off method applied at the front facing end, on the firewall end it has a pipe that curves around back side of carb you connect hose to. I think I got my EGR specific hose from SOR but I am sure others probably sell one. Stock there is a T in the PCV outlet. Mine was removed with desmog.
......Its the black braided looking hose.
You can see the gold color egr pipe next to my yellow line and hose clamp.
BTW hit up @ToyotaMatt for one of those sweet 2F fire brigade stickers!!! The vent hose from head cover to carb intake leave something to be desired......Huuuuh hmmmm
2023-07-12 20.06.12.jpg
2023-07-12 20.05.38-1.jpg
🤣

Attach the top of the PCV to this port on your intake manifold. If you blocked that opening with a plate then you might want to switch to the style that still allows the PCV to be connected. The EGR connects to the larger pipe and the PCV attaches to the smaller one. When desmogging it’s typical to use a block off plate and eliminate the EGR and PCV. I believe manafre sells an EGR block off plate that keeps a nipple for the PCV to connect.

1932FC57-4596-429A-84B5-B8AD89EC4F2A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom