passenger window coming back down when closed (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My passenger window has a problem. Wonder if anyone has any ideas?
Not sure if USA Landcruisers have this facility, but my windows can be automatically moved up or down, meaning that, rather than holding the switch for the duration of the movement, if I just give it a full click and release, the window will go all the way up ( or all the way down ).
My problem is, that when I use it to put passenger window up, it goes totally up and then comes down half way and stays there.
To close this window, I have to keep my finger on the switch. No problem for me, but when a passenger tries to put the window up and it comes back down, I have to explain it all to them!
I presume it is not a faulty switch, because it happens regardless of whether I use the passenger door switch or my switch on the driver's door.
Many thanks,
Dominic.

Pressure sensor in the motor bad or needs adjusting? With the auto up feature in the US they have to have that so that if a child's neck gets caught on auto up it won't kill them. So, if yours has that, it might be sensing that the top of the door is an obstruction, not the end of the line.

By a can of silicone lubricant spray with a nozzle and put your window down and squirt all the tracks and use the nozzle to squirt down between the glass and the lower track. This should ease the load on your window motor (even if its not the problem) and hopefully your window will now work. Also check there is no torn or bent over window track obstructing the window from closing.
Once the window is within a certain range from the top, it detects the motor current and if it senses too much current (as if it is pushing against someones head or hand) it will reverse and open. If your tracks are dirty/torn etc, this will simulate an extra load and go over the current limit and do the same thing.
If you do a search in theis forum, you will also find the instructions for reprogramming the limits if yours is worn or out of sync.

EDIT: This thread has all the info for setting them up
https://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series-cruisers/240947-power-window-jumped-track.html

You could try to reset the button. You hold the button until the window is all the way down, keep holding the button down for like ten or fifteen seconds. Then do the same for closing the window.

You could try to reset the button. You hold the button until the window is all the way down, keep holding the button down for like ten or fifteen seconds. Then do the same for closing the window.

I gave that a shot. It worked for driver side window but not passenger side. Passenger side got all wonky and even stopped working. I had to disconnect and reconnect my battery to start over.

There was tint on my front windows when I bought my truck, never made any notice of it. Three years later I moved to NH and I had to peel it off to pass inspection (Live Free or Die right?). Since then, when it’s raining out, my window goes up then returns down. I have to hold the switch to keep it up. Never does it when dry. Not worth fixing (I don’t often open my windows when it’s raining) but when it happens i always interpret it as my truck’s way of reminding me how much happier it was living in Oregon.

Sorry resurrect such an old thread, but I’m having this same issue. So I wonder if the ilicon method worked or is there something else that fixes this.
I tried it, and it instantly quietened it down, and glitched out less... glitched out as in I'd press it to close, and then, intermittently, it'd go up, then stop around 2/3rds of the way, then start coming down again...and was really noisy - squealling sort of noise.
It hasn't fixed it completely though, as the squealing has returned, a few months later.
Its probably worth removing the whole window regulator thingy, cleaning, greasing, etc, and replacing, and replacing the window rubbers, etc....
But for now I'll probably just resort to more silicon. :)

Does this reset really exist? My windows worked fine before some a****** broke Into my car through my the passenger window. Now the door goes down and the right back up again

Yup, works on just about every Lexus (and presumably Toyota) that I've ever owned.

It's really as easy as pressing and holding the button all the way down, doing your 10 count, then doing the same in the up direction. It may take you a few tries but it works.

Had the same issue. One thing that may be obvious is you have to do the procedure with the switch in the actual Dorr you concerned with. Not the drivers panel.
When you do it in the rear instead of the window coming down 1/2 way it only comes down Ann inch or so. And once you reset it it works.
One thing I didn’t figure out it is you can pull the switch all the way to the auto position or you stop at the detent right before while you hold it for the count of 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom