Passenger side mirror wiring question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ToyotaTrk

SILVER Star
Threads
Maybe it’s time for a new thread?
!?! Anyhow , can anyone help with which wire goes into which receiver? Camera side is all solid colors - R, Bl, Y, G, Bk, and Wh. Female plug is B, G, Red w/ blue stripe, Green w/ red stripe and Bk and Y.

I have no clue on this !

5D527B89-30A4-48A6-8891-6AD6A18C1599.jpeg

A3FA9107-145D-4798-BE06-E53B56BB043B.jpeg
37A70CD5-9A15-4A47-8BFA-E23BF8365AEE.jpeg

Pull the driver side cover off to see that plug as a wire reference?

Maybe it’s time for a new thread?
!?! Anyhow , can anyone help with which wire goes into which receiver? Camera side is all solid colors - R, Bl, Y, G, Bk, and Wh. Female plug is B, G, Red w/ blue stripe, Green w/ red stripe and Bk and Y.

I have no clue on this !

View attachment 3230368

View attachment 3230376View attachment 3230377
Looks like you got the pins out of the broken plug. It may be too late but you should be able to line up the wires by noting the which wire on the female side aligns to its mate on the male side. When I take connectors apart, I number the pins and make a note. Do you have more pics like what you posted in the other thread?

1674782417921.jpeg

Pull the driver side cover off to see that plug as a wire reference?
Good idea. But, I’m a little paranoid about breaking it. I’ve pulled the pass side one 3 times now and so far so goood. But….

Looks like you got the pins out of the broken plug. It may be too late but you should be able to line up the wires by noting the which wire on the female side aligns to its mate on the male side. When I take connectors apart, I number the pins and make a note. Do you have more pics like what you posted in the other thread?
I took pics. But, when the mirror hit it busted the connectors apart. So with them being broken I could tell up from down when putting them back together. I got lucky the 1st try and the camera worked. But when I got home and had the new outer shell, I took them apart to try and clean it up before reconnecting and securing them. When I put them back together, I think I had one of the connectors upside down when I put them back together. Maybe frying the camera?

I’ve put the pins back in the female side by trying to match the wires, but the female side has 2 striped wires and the male side none striped.

Here is a pic from a 2013 LC driver's side harness, it only has 4 wires which I assume would be in the same position.
IMG_3394.jpg

1 last question - I hope - im guessing that when I get the new camera ill be able to tell which way to plug the female & male together by where the retaining clips & corresponding ridged part is on the other plug??

The plug is keyed and will only go in one way. It should be simple to see once you have both sides together.

Not to hijack, but can anyone comment on how to get rid of squeaky side mirrors? My passenger side does it especially on colder days. The dealer said there is no way to lubricate the mirror due to the wiring behind.

Ok, if anyone needs the part no. for the passenger side mirror camera, its 867B0-60032. Was 340 + tax at the dealer. And like a dummy, I forgot to check the orientation of the wires after connecting the male & female plugs. But, it worked like a champ and no re-calibration needed like one dealer told me. And yes, it worked, contrary to what they told me too - compared to the almost 3 or 4,000$ grand for a whole new mirror.

I did get a little, well , never mind, when I noticed after plugging the clips together, the location of the back screw for the camera. Even with the flasher removed, I didnt have room (angle) to get a Phillips back there. I tried a small metric Allen wrench, then tried to insert a Phillips head drill bit using needle nose pliers , needle nose pliers to try and back the screw out, etc... Finally got a tiny glasses sized flat head to work.

Im sure there's some sort of Allen wrench with a Phillips head on it somewhere.... haha - at least now......

IMG_2242.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom