Parts that Leave You Stranded (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As always the lack of knowledge and experience that does not contain the problem solving skills require to identified the problem and much less solve it..

To me this new truck is a new semi misterius journey.

With my bikes (and friends bikes that i don't know) I pretty much know how to fix ("well temporary problem solving") and never get stranded, personally I rather have the cluelessness and have the need to investigate, learn and fix thing in a hurry and then bullet proof them when you arrive home..

But now the knowledge base of forums like this provide massive amounts of experience, support and incredible helpful talent too..

Add duct tape, high temp silicone tape, various sized hose clamps including a large &
small clamp for the cv. I havent seen mention of spare fuses but an assortment should live in the glove box.

And lastly, as long as you aren't disabled in an orv park or stuck on a beach, have this membership :https://www.goodsamroadside.com/images/pdf/GRA24467B.pdf

As long as your on a public road- paved or unpaved they'll tow you unlimited miles to the first "professional" repair facility.

How long will a CV last without grease on the highway?
I ran my 4Runner with dry CVs for a long time (60k), even though there wasn't much stress on them, they were still moving. I wanted to see how long they would last. After dragging them through mud, water, and sand with highly torn boots and they still didn't fail on me. I only replaced them because I sold it. Toyota CVs are tough, so I can almost guarantee you'll be fine until you can get new grease in them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom