Parts sourcing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Morning friends , quite a few years back I had found a site that listed parts and such were used on different models but used the same parts . Example being I need a rf brake caliper for my pzj 75 and this site showed that certain years of 4 runners used the same caliper , I'm looking for some guidance as to that site or similar ones . Seems when I go to our local auto parts store and ask for anything landcruiser and especially when I say pzj I just get blank stares and am told to head to the toyota stealer . Thanx friends

Thanx I was looking at this but I can't seem to find the info I'm after , I know it here just not smart enough to find to appropriate links on toyodiy.
You should be able to just put in the Toyota part number used from partsouq.com

This is how I got brakes for my FZJ75 through rock auto.

On toyodiy click “enter parts catalog,” then click on “search by part number.” This will allow you to filter by original vehicle destination market. In the results you can click on the vehicle listing and it will expand to show all the frame codes and year ranges that particular part was used on.

For finding part numbers I use:

Enter your frame number and search down through the categories. ToyoDIY from what I've seen will show you the OEM number matching your frame number.

ToyoDIY had to remove part diagrams per "demand" from Toyota, so they just have the lists.

Then (or instead, since I'm a visual person and need the diagrams) I use what I find in conjunction with the following:

- Toyota parts catalog - https://toyota.epc-data.com/
- Toyota Land Cruiser 70, 8 generation 08.1987 - 07.2004 Parts - Toyota Car and Auto Spare Parts - Genuine Online Car Parts Catalogue - Amayama - https://www.amayama.com/en/catalogs/toyota/land-cruiser/8-pickup-right-70-1987-2782

Again, enter your frame number to match parts.

EPC is great, and links purchasing links to Amayama. Amayama and EPC both have diagrams and replacement part numbers where available.

When Amayama cannot source the part, or as another option instead, email Dave at Japan 4x4:

stedman@japan4x4.com

For local options, try:

- @cruiseroutfit (cruiseroutfitters.com or cruiserteq.com, or better yet call/email them)
- Toyota Dealers have parts as well to call for a quote
- Genuine OEM Toyota Parts and Accessories Online - Toyota Parts Deal - https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/

Enter your VIN number on Partsouq, and there should be a little green car icon that will add it to your “garage. “

Once you do that, it will give you the exact model of your truck which you can check against the VIN tag to make sure it gets all the submodels correct (BJ74V-PNX is my BJ74….).

Partsouq will only bring up parts applicable to your vehicle and almost all of their parts have an actual picture so you can have visual confirmation.

You will end up using all of these different modalities. I tried to use a dedicated cruiser shop like Cruiser Outfitters, or Valley Hybrids on stuff that I am unsure about on my own. I don’t want to waste Stedman’s time so I only use him for the weird stuff.

I’m not gonna place an order for six $.72 flange bolts with someone who has to enter that part number individually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom