Parting out 79 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've decided to part out (or possibly sell complete) my 1979 FJ40. Body is swiss cheese. It was a Plow truck in Wisconsin. It was my daily driver for 2 years. It was parked about 6 years ago. It has a 2F that runs but probably needs a rebuild. I ran it about 6 months ago buy pouring gas down the carb. The Holley carb definitely needs a rebuild. Needs brake work, Fuel leak fixed, major tune up, Exaust work, and it MIGHT?? be driveable again. But the Body is Junk. If I part it out, I want the transfer case and maybe a few other misc. small pieces.

I have not started to take it apart yet. If there is anything you want I can probably take off specific parts within a few days of a request. Faster and cheaper if you want to come help or pull yourself.

Jay Wilson

If you part it out I would be interested in the e brake cable, and handle/bucket
Butch

I just went out and looked with a flashlight at the lower dash pads. They are all there. They are dirty and the vinyl is dry. The left pad has a 1/4" crack on the bottom at the screw hole but is only visible with your head on the floorboard. The longest one (right side) has a 1/2" crack on the bottom and stops midway through the 90 deg curve. It has not reached the face and is not visible while seated. I gently pushed on the pads and they are still flexible and did not crack. If you can stop the two small cracks I described from expanding any further (super glue, Vinyl repair?) and treat them with armorall, they are serviceable.

Yes, I am going to try to make it saturday. I'm supposed to work but it looks like I am going to be able to get out of it.

The heater and defrost ducts are there.

I haven't got a clue what these misc. items are worth. I've spent all my time researching big ticket items for my 72 buildup. Tell me what they are worth to you. Privately if you wish.

Jay
jlwilson@teleplex.net

Jay if you could bring those dash pads to the swap meet that would be great. As for price I can't really say for sure without seeing them but I would say 25-50 depending on the shape they are in. Also I am not sure if they fit my 77; I believe they do, so bring them on down with you..........

Thanks
JP

j.p.

those dash pads should fit yours, i know of no changes from 77 to 79 that would have done anything in that area...

jay, where are you located?

also, what time is everything gettin done saturday morning? i know the trash pickup will be over around 11ish. but the swap meet will be where/when?

i'm just tryin to orchestrate gettin up there after my effing ie384 final at 8 sat morning.

malphrus

I feel for you malph........... you raised a good question though, I have no idea where the parts swap is going down......... I know where the road clean up is but.......................

So maybe david will chime in and let us know what is going on............

cool...i worked in saluda a couple summers ago...

you ever hit up coon dog days? (my 40 made an appearance in the a parade, ha ha)

malphrus

72cruiser said:
j.p.

also, what time is everything gettin done saturday morning? i know the trash pickup will be over around 11ish. but the swap meet will be where/when?

malphrus

The Swap meet will be held at the back parking area of the F-mart on the corner of 276 and River Falls Road. We will probably begin following the pickup, say around 11-11:30 am

Hey what kind of shape is the white top in? Mine is a POS and a newer one would look good. Thanks Chuck

sup chuck...i still got that stuff for your clutch slave

i tried callin you back the other night, but couldn't get ahold of you.

you goin to be up at the swap meet tomorrow?

malphrus

holler at me tonight

Sorry, The only thing salvageable on the hard top is the glass. The fiberglass cap has many holes in it from lights the P.O. put on it. the metal sides are rusted through at the back ambulance doors.

Hey Malph, Sorry I haven't gotten back to you, I've been workin all weekend. I'll have to get those parts from ya on saturday. Headin to PA tomorrow for the week, be back on friday evening. Later man

Do you have any of the old emission stuff - like the charcoal cannister and mount?
Thanks, Tom