Part numbers for wiper bushings? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need bushings for my wipers - a bushing to connect the left link arm to the motor, and another bushing to connect the two linkage arms to each other.

SOR doesn't list these separately, so I don't even have a part number (see attached image - I circled the bushings in red).

Any ideas?
Wiper bushings.jpeg

They are not available separately, you had to buy the whole arm assembly and I read that part is no longer available from Toyota.

Have to find used ones..

Doug

Ugh. Please someone tell me that isn't true.

Used, worn, dried-out ready-to-break bushings can't be my only option.

Bear,

I believe the link is still available, however, I'll need to check in the morning to see if there are any in country at the moment. As you can see, list price is almost $289. 'Mud cost for you would be $217

WiperParts.jpg

$217 for a nylon bushing? Holy crap!

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate your offer to check in-country status tomorrow morning.

Look at the bright side, the bushings come with a link assembly attached to them:hillbilly:

There are five units left in the country. How many would you like?:D

Get one now, and never worry about your wipers again.. I just replaced mine, and the cost of the linkage from pattison Toyota was $440.00 plus tax. You're getting a frikkin' deal at $217!

roalco,

Shoot me a PM next time you need parts. Even with shipping, customs, etc...I should be able to save you some $$$.

FWIW, the earlier PN for prod dates 8/1980-8/1987 now supersedes to the same PN as the 9/1987-1/1990

Unless the bushing is completely rotten do what I did. Run safety wire across each side of the bushing with it attached to the ball end. I wished I had a picture but I would have to take it apart to show you. It keeps the bushing from popping out and the linkage dropping down on the ball causing a lot of slack and noise! My 60 is the second vehicle I've done this to, and it's worked for about a year now. I'm not paying that much for a bad design in the first place, if the bushing finally breaks my plain is to cut the ball off the other end drill a hole, and use some small sealed tie rod ends off a riding mower.

Cpalmer said:
Unless the bushing is completely rotten do what I did. Run safety wire across each side of the bushing with it attached to the ball end. I wished I had a picture but I would have to take it apart to show you. It keeps the bushing from popping out and the linkage dropping down on the ball causing a lot of slack and noise! My 60 is the second vehicle I've done this to, and it's worked for about a year now. I'm not paying that much for a bad design in the first place, if the bushing finally breaks my plain is to cut the ball off the other end drill a hole, and use some small sealed tie rod ends off a riding mower.

This could go in the " best mods under $50" thread. If it effectively takes out the slack, I will need to do this. I can walk up to my 60 and by hand, move the wipers 6 inches back and forth.

-Danny

But they are $11.00 for each bushing and $63.00 (AU) for shipping, and I'm not sure if that is $63,00 each either as the never replied to my question. Plus this is aftermarket parts not stock. For $100 more, I'll take the whole assembly.

My plan was similar to above, to use a pair of tie rod ends attached to the stock arms.

Doug

You have a PM.

But they are $11.00 for each bushing and $63.00 (AU) for shipping, and I'm not sure if that is $63,00 each either as the never replied to my question. Plus this is aftermarket parts not stock. For $100 more, I'll take the whole assembly.

My plan was similar to above, to use a pair of tie rod ends attached to the stock arms.

Doug

I bought a few of those aftermarket bushings a couple of years ago and they WILL NOT work on stock toyota 60 series linkages. They only fit on the same aftermarket manufacturers linkages.
I too have run a repaired drive bushing for a number of years, but decided that my safety is worth more to me than saving a buck. So that is why I bit the bullet and bought a new OEM linkage (I was also told they were being discontinued). The old one lasted 25 years of hard use in west coast rain and wet snow, so i figure the design's not that bad....
Oh, and thanks for the offer, GOTMUD, I'll PM you to see if we can set something up for next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom