Part number needed - Pass CV Shaft Outer dust/oil seal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had the dealer on the phone and they can't find a part number for this seal that is part of the CV shaft assembly.

You can see it pictured in the diagram on the dealer website, but they don't have a listing of other part numbers corresponding to the numbered items in the diagram.

The diagram is from the axle shaft itself: 43430-60040

I need the part number for item number 12. It seems to commonly be included on CV axle replacement assemblies. Previous owner included a spare CV axle, boots were leaking on the passenger side, so I thought I would swap the spare cv axle. Now I see that I am missing this seal on the replacement CV axle the previous owner left with me.

I think to get me by, I will just swap the seal from the old shaft over to the new. But then I am short that seal once I rebuild the old shaft. The old seal seems to be in good condition, and is really more of seal for the wheel bearings, but it is attached to the CV axle.

20210515_142316.jpg

20210515_142401.jpg

If you are referring to the outboard joint dust seal, unfortunately it seems it is no longer available separately. But some people on here have had success using the 4runner part 90304-A0001.

I had the dealer on the phone and they can't find a part number for this seal that is part of the CV shaft assembly.

You can see it pictured in the diagram on the dealer website, but they don't have a listing of other part numbers corresponding to the numbered items in the diagram.

The diagram is from the axle shaft itself: 43430-60040

I need the part number for item number 12. It seems to commonly be included on CV axle replacement assemblies. Previous owner included a spare CV axle, boots were leaking on the passenger side, so I thought I would swap the spare cv axle. Now I see that I am missing this seal on the replacement CV axle the previous owner left with me.

I think to get me by, I will just swap the seal from the old shaft over to the new. But then I am short that seal once I rebuild the old shaft. The old seal seems to be in good condition, and is really more of seal for the wheel bearings, but it is attached to the CV axle.

View attachment 2675005

View attachment 2675006
I don't know how much this helps, but it's one of the seals on this list. Bought all this yesterday to do all wheel bearings and front pass cv reboot. I wasn't even going to buy that seal, but the parts guy recommended it. I have an 01 LX.

Nvrmind... it's not in this list

16211183917195223128427426514322.jpg

Last edited:
I did find these markings on the shield

It's Koyo brand. With HXO84NI or HX084NI

I don't NEED the new shield, I was able to tap it onto my spare axle, but it would be nice to have a complete spare for swapping out without having to transfer over this shield (that at some point could become damaged. (I did tap it onto the spare, and all seems well)

Thanks for the tip on the 4runner part, I'll do some research, and can report back what I find..

20210515_150116.jpg

A google on the PN from the seal leads me to PN: 90304-83002, which is half of the PN for the 4runner part.

searching on the PN for image based results seems to confirm it is a general visual match, and yielded this Russian forum where someone is claiming this is the actual part: https://www.offroadmaster.com/topic/39928-сервисные-ошибки-тойоты/

Local dealer has it for 27 bucks (probably a special order part), I'll do some more research, but seems like its the part that is needed.

I can confirm that PN: 90304-83002 is the correct part to replace dust shield! I plugged in the PN into my local toyota dealer's website. They emailed asking for a VIN, I told them I have an LX and the VIN won't work. Even if I did give them the VIN, I think their system would have said the part won't work, because the online system was telling me the part wasn't compatible with an 03 LC.

I told them to just order the part. They did, it took about a week. I picked up the part today in-person. I should have ordered a boot kit while I was at it, but at least I have the dust shield when it comes time to re-boot.

PN: 90304-83002

The part number noted earlier is the correct part number for the dust seal (90304-83002)

It is the exact part, if that i the part you're looking for.
Outer lip of my front drive shaft (CV) outboard dust seal was damaged, so I replaced it. My Toyota Dealer's no longer had a part number for outboard joint shaft (tulip) or dust seal. I used a dust seal # 90304-A0001.

View attachment 1270661

I applied marine grease after cleaning-up where seal buts to shaft.

View attachment 1270662

Thank you for sharing! I searched the part number you posted on this forum and found this guide. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom