Part # for heater/blower filter? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Moose, I had no idea there is a filter in the blower. Are you referring to the plastic mesh-looking thing that you see from under the dash? A pic would be good. The Japanese have been known to add non factory accessories we wouldn't have thought of.

Dave

I was curious too. I've taken apart my ducting in order to replace that flapper (vent flap) that you see because mine fell off...and I didn't find any filter. The flapper structure is one side metal, one side is a thin layer of open-cell foam.

I think over time a filter would get clogged up and place more undue load on the motor.

blowerfilter.jpg

Here it is...although considering no one else seems to have one...I'm not holding out hope for a replacement part # :)

That seems to be the PO's add on.

When I buy replacement ink cartridges for my HP LaserJet printer, I get the same thin foam in the box. Just cut it to size and insert :)

Dave

That's not a filter...that's the flapper that shuts off the vent when you slide the control to recirculation on your climate controls. :D Move your lever from vent to recirc and you'll see that flap move. That's the one that fell off in my heater fan because one of the two screws that holds it on fell off. The flap itself is metal, but it's covered with a thin layer of open-cell foam on the grille side to provide a good seal.

By the way, that foam gets pretty brittle when it's this old. If you handle it too much it will just crumble and fall off the flapper. Don't handle it unless you have to. HTH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom