Events/Trails ***PARKWAY RIDE 2019*** Oct. 18th-20th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m going to try and load as much as possible on the roof rack. What ever room is left inside I will Stuff some firewood. Looking forward to finally connecting with some folks. I got the whole crew minus dogs. I haven’t seen a ton of responses as far as who’s going but it’s going to be myself, wifey, my 8 year old daughter and 4 year old son. Hopefully some kiddos will be there but if not mine will rock on anyway. See you guys on the “area that shall not be named” From the looks of it I will be shopping for vehicle wraps after this !!!

I’ll be there with my two kids 3&7 and wife as well. We will becoming in Saturday morning.

someone please take pics as JP is a legend I have only heard stories of......

someone please take pics as JP is a legend I have only heard stories of......
HaHa... It’s true I’ve been MIA for more than a few years now looking to break that streak this weekend!

It's been a minute JP. Sadly, I don't think I'm going to have my rig trail ready for this trip. I have a funny noise in the rear diff again after SCC. Going to pull it this weekend and suss out the damage.

Whee_2006-10-20 (82).JPG

Whee_2006-10-20 (94).JPG

Oh man that’s old school!! Takes me back a decade and 40lbs ago :D.

Sorry to hear you won’t be able to make it Rick. I’m hoping to get out a lot more in the coming year so hopefully I’ll see you guys some where on the trail :beer:

Enough of this heat already! Time for some cool weather, naps in the sun and crazy wind to rock you to sleep in your truck!

Tentative schedule:

Thursday: No one scheduled to go up Thursday yet but if your interested let me know as I may want to head up a day early if I can sneak away.

Friday: Meet at 12:00-2:00 at Sierra Nevada for lunch. Leave from there and head down the Parkway to the trailhead and crawl back to set up camp.

Saturday: We will probably have our normal two groups one of which heads out to the Pisgah Inn for lunch and comes back to camp afterwards and the second group that will stay behind and hang out or go on a hike. We will also be doing the maintenance (If there is any) on Saturday.

Sunday: Pack up and head out probably in two groups one early and one probably around noon or so.

I will be bringing the Teepee with the rocket stove so we can hang out inside if it gets too brutal outside.
We also will have the clubs grill as usual so BYOF, BYOB or bring enough to share...up to you.

Shirts will be $22 each and will be the Next Level Tri-blend like last year. The sizes seem to run small so I would order based on how your shirt fit last year.

Post up if your going and your shirt size. You can PayPal the club @ info@upstatecruisers.com
I am going to be camping nearby with some friends and would love to meet up with you guys for lunch/trail rides on Saturday. Also would like a shirt. I am an XL.

Anyone planning to bring firewood? I will bring my new Solo Stove, but only have so much room for firewood after the Cruiser is packed up. I was planning on bringing a small bundle. If anyone else can bring wood, that would be great. @AJR are you going to make this trip?
Looks like I will be going. I’ll have plenty of room for firewood, I’ve also got piles of fat lighter so I’ll bring some of that along too. @raanderson77 do you want to meet up somewhere near Greensboro on I-40? I’m assuming we’re the only ones going from this area.

Looks like I will be going. I’ll have plenty of room for firewood, I’ve also got piles of fat lighter so I’ll bring some of that along too. @raanderson77 do you want to meet up somewhere near Greensboro on I-40? I’m assuming we’re the only ones going from this area.

Sweet! Yeah, I'm down to meet up in Greensboro. As of right now, I plan on leaving the house at 7:30am, so I would be in Greensboro by 9am. I could leave earlier if suites you better? I'll private message you my number and we can coordinate.

What app are you guys using to look at weather up there?. Mine shows that the temp has shifted downward and the rain chances up on Saturday afternoon

What app are you guys using to look at weather up there?. Mine shows that the temp has shifted downward and the rain chances up on Saturday afternoon

No kidding. Weather Channel is reporting an 80% chance of rain Saturday morning to afternoon. The hourly shows it clearing up later in the day.

weather.PNG

Yeah I was Checking local towns but there is no real way to account for the elevation. I’ve been watching Balsam Grove on one app and Canton on another. But like I was saying elevation. Canton and Asheville are 4000 feet lower in elevation!!! Asheville at 2163’, BB @ 6100+😂😂 Lol. Not going to stop us. Just curious

Last edited by a moderator:
🥶Either way it looks nothing like what you folks endured last time or two

Last edited:

That site is sweet. Thanks

Who is planning to be at Sierra Nevada tomorrow for lunch, and attending the rest of the trip? I know @raanderson77 but who else? Trying to plan.
Im coming up, for lunch i was meeting my daughter and grandson there.

I will be there with my wife, and two kiddos, 8 and 4 year olds. On a side note. Am I the Only one who looks like I’m packed for three week trip to Zimbabwe? Geez.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom