parking brake drum (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can I get a new parking brake drum for a 4 speed case from toyota if so what is the part number? The drum shaft was wore in couple spots and had to buff a hump out of it to get the speedie sleeve on also have a double seal housing but still have a slow leak. Whats the next step? Has anyone had a machine shop sleeve the drum with dom tube? What is the BEST fix Im tired of this leak

proper shimming of the rear output bearing is an esential step most overlook. Check for up/down play. A new seal or 2 and SS won't cure this problem for long.

thanks dusty for that link think I will buy a new one. dgangle I will check for play when i take it apart i just reused the shims when I rebuilt it maybe should have looked at manual and checked the numbers. If it needs shimed where can I source some?

dealer or any place that sells OE parts. Buy a FSM while you are at it. It gives the part numbers for various thicknesses. They are so inexpensive and I just bought an assortment not knowing exactly what I would need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom