Painting Your Rims Step by Step - Pics (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I must say they look very good already after stripping. Heck, I could strip and then clear coat and be happy. Do you have the brand of the stripper?
not sure what brand it was but i picked it up at Home Depot. It was the 15 min type that had the spray bottle attached...

When are you mounting them? I kinds like the gloss look now.... But matte will do for now on my rig. To much work redoing them. Need for scratches. I just drove lake laniers shoreline which is 500+ miles or something in that area. My truck is coated in ga clay ( it's a bitch) and my rims are redish brown. It's nasty. Maybe I need a respray now.. Damn

That s***'ll peel off at CMCC this year, or at Lowes.

Should have gone powder-coat brotha!

8.It goes on thick, dries hard and has a good gloss.... somewhat like powder coating.
9. spray in sweeping motions b/c you can over spray wicked bad if you're not careful.
10. Mount them all!!!

That's what my wife said at out last party!?!?

Seriously, no matter how well you prep, rattle can and paint, (or powder coat) if used off road you will get chips.

Nice work though.

Lets see the finished results!

That's what my wife said at out last party!?!?

Seriously, no matter how well you prep, rattle can and paint, (or powder coat) if used off road you will get chips.

Nice work though.

Lets see the finished results!

I sprayed my rims january. Been on a few trail rides and mudding numerous times. I guess I've been lucky. Mine still look new. Only chip is when I went to take my wheel off and smacked the bar on the rim pretty hard.

I used that appliance epoxy to paint the rims of my driving lights. They were silver and stuck out. So I painted them white. That paint is really hard after it cures. It has stood up to the pressure washers and bug guts. So I imagine it would be a good wheel paint too.

Damn your patient liam....

Finished all four of mine with the tires on in ohhhh about 5 hours max! Went riding this weekend at Indian Valley Res. Didnt want to get the 100 caked in mud, but ended up having to pull dome idiot out of a river. Had to go through some pretty deep loose mud at about 4 grand. ( you can imagine the amout of tire spinning.) Rims held up perfect for a 5 hour job.

Damn your patient liam....

Finished all four of mine with the tires on in ohhhh about 5 hours max! Went riding this weekend at Indian Valley Res. Didnt want to get the 100 caked in mud, but ended up having to pull dome idiot out of a river. Had to go through some pretty deep loose mud at about 4 grand. ( you can imagine the amout of tire spinning.) Rims held up perfect for a 5 hour job.
well i am sure i could have done it in one day, but i think they come out better if you let everything set. I am looking forward to seeing how they hold up...

that Epoxy seems to be thick..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom