Paint Touch Up Suggestions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.jasatx.com
Hey everyone. Looking to touch up a couple chips and was wondering if anyone has had any really good luck with any specific products or anything. Thanks!

Hey everyone. Looking to touch up a couple chips and was wondering if anyone has had any really good luck with any specific products or anything. Thanks!

Dr. Colorchip

Toyota OEM touch up paint works fine for small chips
This.
Much cheaper from Amazon than dealerships.
Edit: see below post.

Also it comes in a really handy bottle with both a brush and a pen applicator, as well as a fiberglass scraper for removing loose paint surrounding the chip.

Only issue I've had is the paint itself is quite runny, which can make it tend to drip downward off vertical surfaces. For those instances I usually let the brush dry for 15 seconds or so before applying.. helps thicken up the paint a bit.

Last edited:
Is that 070 Blizzard Pearl?
Yes it is, but for a 2013. Personally I'd confirm with a dealer that it hasn't changed over the years, out of an abundance of caution.

My understanding is that 070 is only the middle "pearl" layer, right? And that super white is required below it and clear coat above it?

Yes it is, but for a 2013. Personally I'd confirm with a dealer that it hasn't changed over the years, out of an abundance of caution.

According to my door/window sticker its a 070 Blizzard Pearl.

My understanding is that 070 is only the middle "pearl" layer, right? And that super white is required below it and clear coat above it?
I don’t know a whole lot about the factory layers. I took most people looking for touch up paint more as something to stop rust and hide the obvious blemishes, and this will do that well. For a pro-level repair other stuff probably is necessary.
According to my door/window sticker its a 070 Blizzard Pearl.
I didn’t even think of the paint code on the chassis. Good call.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom