P1126 Magnetic Clutch Circuit Fault (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
jokerwebhosting.com
So this is my first 100... take it easy on me. Recently just purchased a 2002 with 156k and don't have too much info on it's history. Drove it about 1,000 miles with no issues. Went to start it and the CEL was on along with VSC TRAC and VSC OFF. I drove it about 30 miles or so with the lights on and could not tell a difference in throttle response nor idling. Everything seemed to function as normal. I've search on here to find a few others with issues but found more info on Tundras having the issue. The code has been cleared and everything is fine for now but I'm suspecting it will come back on. What should I be prepared for? Cleaning the throttle body, checking connections, etc? Or should I just go ahead and look at a replacement throttle body? From Toyota they aren't cheap! Did find one on parts geek for $336 but not sure if I would trust it. Then again I could buy 3 of them for the price of 1 Toyota unit. Any advice would be appreciated!

So the light did come back on. I pulled the intake off and cleaned the throttle body really good. It was fairly dirty. I pulled the connections loose and reseated them. The light is back off now but I'm not sure if this solved the issue yet. If it doesn't I guess I'll go back to looking at replacing the throttle body after double checking that the wiring is good to go. Also, after reading several terrible reviews online I have opted against the cheaper solution of parts geek.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom