Oxygen sensor heater code (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.lslc.org
Check engine light is on. If I reset the light, it won’t come back on as long as the engine is running. When I shut it off and restart, the light comes back on immediately.
Autozone’s reader gives two codes. Both are for oxygen sensor heater (one for sensor 1 and one for sensor 2). I replaced the cat and both sensors and still get this code. One person suggested that the problem lies in the computer itself.

Thoughts?

I should probably mention this is on my 95 FZJ80. :slap:

Jason,
You should also mention what codes you are getting.
-B-

B-

You always so subtle? ;) Nice to see that at least you spread the love around. :D :D

Safado,
:slap:

IMHO, expecting posters to help us help them is reasonable.

Jason,
If you don't have the codes then look at the wiring & harness going down to the O2 sensors. There have been a couple of reports where the wires have become frayed and caused problems.

-B-

No worries. I'll go back and have them rescan it. I wasn't paying attention to the actual code numbers, just the description after each one. I'll post back later with the actual codes.

Jason,
P0131: O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
P0141: O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 2)

Do you have the FSM for troubleshooting these codes? If not, here are some general things to check.

(HO2S=Heated O2 Sensor)
· Contaminated HO2S sensor or connector (coolant, water, silicone, fuel, oil, etc.)
· Chafed/damaged wiring
· Crossed HO2S signal/signal return wiring

· Short to VPWR in harness or HO2S
· Water in harness connector
· Open VPWR or GND circuit
· Poor electrical connections from PCM to HO2S sensor
· HO2S heater

Someone else will have to post the troubleshooting steps for your 95.

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom