Oxford Area 40's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello CLC, I just moved back to Oxford and have seen 2 or 3 40's cruising around. I was wondering if there were any members in the area? (I checked Bluff City as well but didn't see as much activity there). If not I'd like to make it down to a meeting some time. Here's my 40 that I've driven since high school (first car), and has traveled with me to San Diego and Virginia Beach during 6 years in the Navy. It had a legendary career at Sardis back in the day as well. Happy to be back in the 'sip.

- Mitch

IMG_1036.jpeg

IMG_1035.jpeg

Hell yes. Charcoal is up there.....he checks in from time to time . I will ping him on FB

Welcome. Thanks for your service. Excellent 40. Look for info on the upcoming Cruiser Crawl in October in Hot Springs. There is a 40 and a 60 on the road that turns into the neighborhood next to Handy Andy. Also a real high end one in the Country Club area.

Nice. Yep I have seen some cool ones. Hopefully we can get a satellite cell goin up here or something.

Hey Mitch,

Glad to have you aboard and thank you for your service. Welcome back to Oxford too. There are quite a few folks here with 40s, 60s, 80s, and 100s and I know some of them would be interested in getting together from time to time and maybe doing a few rides.

--

@oshndoc has a very nice red FJ40 in Oxford.
Dr Williams has a 40 as well but I don’t know if it is on the road yet.
Andrew’s old red V8 1968 40 was owned by a local surgeon, but he may have sold it.

I punished my old 62 at Sardis for years back in the day. Used to be so many fun routes around that lake.

Absolutely. Especially when the water rises during the summer. Differentials be damned back then. SMH. In true TLC fashion, I did this about 100X one summer before the diff finally went. It was the Wild West back then as well. There's a guard rail blocking End of the Road now.

1534333_2740586750237_389140126_n.jpg

205132_10150184524583666_7123400_n.jpg
IMG_0009.JPG

Broke a tie rod riding some light trails in Holly Springs National Forest last Saturday. Real pumped about how I got it out to the road and this is about the only place I know that would appreciate it. Pipe plus two ratchets did the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom