Owl Expedition Step Sliders (1 Viewer)

ramangain

Clarksonian disciple
SILVER Star
Looks like the lil' Owl Expedition side hustle may not be lil' for much longer!

Just a reminder as stated previously in this thread ... OE is currently a one man show, and the owner works full time at his "career" job. Patience is a virtue; we are all thankful that OE tackles these neat upgrades, and is willing to do what he can, when he can, to support us vultures in the Hundy community.

Last edited:
Looks like the lil' Owl Expedition side hustle may not be lil' for much longer!

Just a reminder as stated previously in this thread ... OE is currently a one man show, and the owner works full time at his "career" job. Patience is a virtue; we are all thankful that OE tackles these neat upgrades, and is willing to do what he can, when he can, to support us vultures in the Hundy community.
That is always a challenge .... as I said, not pushing however I very much like what I see and will be standing in line once the product is ready for prime time ....
I would like to take a minute here and say thank you for all this hard work on ALL of these projects..

Takes talent to be able to make these things happen ....
Talent that I do not have in this case ... LOL :)

JunkCrzr89

Competent Ignoramoose
SILVER Star
us vultures in the Hundy community.
09028E0E-5E7B-4D1B-A924-DF7606E59DA7.jpeg

Ramathorn15

Supporting Vendor
Hahaha you guys are great. I have both jigs built. I still need to build on for the pass side off the jig and verify its good.

Making these will hopefully be pretty streamline. It will still take time though as I am a one man show with 40 hours a week already gone with my day job. I anticipate lots of demand at first, but hopefully once I get through the majority that want them, the demand will be slow/steady.

I think my biggest obsticle is going to be freight shipping. I've received tons of freight items, but never sent any. So figuring out all those logistics will be the real time sink.

Plan is to still build a handful of sets for local customers to verify fitment on as many trucks as possible. I'm hoping to start those sets next week. After/during that, I'm going to work on figuring out how to get these shipped.

Thanks for the patience everyone. Im hopeful I'll be able to poat some "final product" photos this weekend.

Hahaha you guys are great. I have both jigs built. I still need to build on for the pass side off the jig and verify its good.

Making these will hopefully be pretty streamline. It will still take time though as I am a one man show with 40 hours a week already gone with my day job. I anticipate lots of demand at first, but hopefully once I get through the majority that want them, the demand will be slow/steady.

I think my biggest obsticle is going to be freight shipping. I've received tons of freight items, but never sent any. So figuring out all those logistics will be the real time sink.

Plan is to still build a handful of sets for local customers to verify fitment on as many trucks as possible. I'm hoping to start those sets next week. After/during that, I'm going to work on figuring out how to get these shipped.

Thanks for the patience everyone. Im hopeful I'll be able to poat some "final product" photos this weekend.
Awesome! Thank you again for all the extra efforts

Ramathorn15

Supporting Vendor
Good news. Passenger side jig lined up perfect too.

GTagWaTqRpaqs1iKWyLU8uPAo1e2C7q0w-ZssNqM3Uk9V83Kv99CQBzNu9GGnBLGbxVDaAzVz7RIV_xLENf5BA9VEn8ex4-Ktb_owUTdyDJGot-rYMgJ4Q6a0eqQQf8dygpYgCa6rgI=s0

I'm going to have to reduce the bolts on the feet to 3/8 from 1/2 to create a bit more clearance for the body. That shouldn't affect the strength though as those bolts are only under strain from downward forces. So essentially they just hold your weight which is plenty.

ramangain

Clarksonian disciple
SILVER Star
@Mauser @Ramathorn15 you guys should get together and chat about welding (labor assistance) to potentially speed up initial production. I suspect you two may also team up on other ideas/products for OE. As I was once told, always find a way to find that magic to make a team greater than the sum of the parts of the team.

Ramathorn15

Supporting Vendor
Hoping to get a few "production" units done this weekend. They're all going to local trucks to verify they fit the same as on my truck. Hit a snag last weekend that delayed me quite a bit (broken tools :mad:)

Hopefully I'll have some good photos of the final design by Sunday.

Hoping to get a few "production" units done this weekend. They're all going to local trucks to verify they fit the same as on my truck. Hit a snag last weekend that delayed me quite a bit (broken tools :mad:)

Really excited to see more pics! Hopefully all the local production sliders will work with no fitment issues. Great work!

Wow.... sorry about the snag however awesome news about production possibilities ....

Thanks again for all the efforts and hard work

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom