For Sale Overhead console with Subtank Gauge & Altimeter for 80 series (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an extra grey overhead console for that I acquired from Australia. I ended up finding a tan one to use instead.

$150 + the ride.
IMG00361-20091207-2112.jpg

Last edited:
will that replace the old light or do u have to make modifications for it to fit?

No sunroof controls?

Will this work with a sunroof?

Yes it will work with a sunroof.

It can replace your light since the rectangular plate that the dome light is in comes off and is interchangeable with your plate with sunroof controls. The light bulb assembly underneath the plate is the same wether you have a sunroof or not.

You can swap in your trim plate with the switch openings, switches and stamped sunroof control font on it.

The overhead console replaces your stock light/sunroof panel housing and extends forward to the windshield. There are four mounting holes on the overhead console that correspond to holes predrilled & tapped in your 80. You WILL have to trim some of the headliner behind where the console goes but it is really easy and takes no time at all with a razor blade. I will supply the two most forward phillips head machine screws. The two back screw you already have. They are holding your current light/sunroof control housing to the roof.

Whoever buys this will get my total help with how to install this.

Last edited:
It is. Most of the GPS's that we all have now, have much better compasses as do some of the aftermarket Gentec mirrors and so that some are installing in theirs Cruisers.

The sub tank gauge / altimeter is much more usefull.

Last edited:
its a sweet touch too... wish i could grab this if i didnt have to buy new tires... hopefully i can come across one of these in the future... GL with sale...

The grey color actually matches better than the stock colored brown that I replaced it with actually. The ebay au ad said my 2nd one was tan but it showed up a brown several shades darker than the stock tan/oak.

There are some on here that have dyed grey ones to tan/oak color with great results. Elmariachi did it & there was just a post in 80 tech with an oak dyed concole by AZ Tony

Last edited:
I have an extra grey overhead console for that I acquired from Australia. I ended up finding a tan one to use instead.

$150 + the ride.
View attachment 378309
Hello there, i have a question kinda related to this post. I have the exact one on my fj80 and i have no use for the altimeter, i picked up another one from the yard that has the sub tank and a campus instead. Evidently what i had only comes with one cable/plug for the sub tank. The other one that i want to install has two cables and plugs i guess the second one is for the campus? i dont know if the altimeter didnt need any power to work? but the true question here is how would I add/run another cable/plug to the campus ? and where does it connect to on the other end. when i get another chance i will follow up with pictures

There are some posts here on Mud about the compass. I think it does require an additional cable that runs to the mid-rear of the truck. some info here

Last edited:
There are some posts here on Mud about the compass. I think it does require an additional cable that runs to the mid-rear of the truck. some info here

Thanks a lot @Cruiser804

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom