Overdrive and EXT Power (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all

Can someone please help me understand the difference between the O/D button and the PWR button?

I see online they both increase the revs before shifting gears. Why have the two options? Is the PWR just more responsive?

Thanks

The O/D button stops the truck from shifting into overdrive. That’s it.

The PWR button moves the shift point further up the rpm band, but you get all the gears. It’s how a lot of us run all the time, except when off roading.

I must have read a misleading post sorry as I’m looking again now and can see OD is used for long distance to lower the revs? Is that correct or am I misunderstanding?

Should I leave it on or off for fuel efficiency and engine longevity? If is that correct terminology lol

Yes, leave OD on most of the time. Turning it off will keep the truck from using the last gear (overdrive) to give more power and reduce shifting, usually used when towing up grades.

Yes, leave OD on most of the time. Turning it off will keep the truck from using the last gear (overdrive) to give more power and reduce shifting, usually used when towing up grades.
Ah ok I understand now so PWR gets more torque with higher revs and also sounds a lot meaner

And the OD I just ignore unless struggling to get up a hill towing (which is actually a great bit of knowledge as my Cygnus is used to tow 3.5 tonnes nationwide)

Or make use of both settings if it’s really steep 😅

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom