Over torqued lug nuts / Rumbling vibration from front end (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I gotta familiarize myself with everything and make sure I have the right tools before I dig in. I think I found a good straightforward video. I’m going to give the girl a rest until I see what’s going on. Thank you for your help

If you’re in the US, I found a 55mm socket at Napa auto parts for pretty cheap.

Yes. USA. And I prefer NAPA for my auto needs so I’ll go out there and check them out. A good socket to keep in the bag. Although I’m sure you meant 54mm! Haha Thanks for the heads up.

Yes. USA. And I prefer NAPA for my auto needs so I’ll go out there and check them out. A good socket to keep in the bag. Although I’m sure you meant 54mm! Haha Thanks for the heads up.
It’s legit a 55mm. I know it’s the wrong size, but it’s cheaper and it works.

It’s legit a 55mm. I know it’s the wrong size, but it’s cheaper and it works.
There is probably some slop but still works up to the needed torque values. Slap a high torque impact wrench, give it a full trigger squeeze for several seconds, and kiss it bye bye most likely though? Or is it more robust than the 54mm flavors found on Amazon?

If you plan on driving it before you get the new bearings in, I would at least rush getting that 54mm socket, open it up, and make sure the nuts are torqued right for the time being.
Hey would this be a good video to follow for the meantime? Have all the tools needed to do this for now but need to wait for bearings.

I stopped watching once I saw he didn't use a brass punch to remove cone washers. I wouldn't recommend this video to a first timer.
Oh yeah, I missed that. I was actually going to use a brass hammer for that part anyways but I didn’t notice he did that. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom